As the Purchasing Director at Tomra Food, you will be responsible for championing the global vision and management of the Tomra Food Purchasing Categories, as well as directing the respective Purchase members, to deliver value through development of procurement strategies, cost optimization, and strategic supplier relationships.
You will meet Operations performance goals and optimizing performance by collaborating with internal and external partners building and executing global Tomra Food Purchasing and Operations strategies aligned to corporate strategic objectives.
Manages and oversees new product introduction sourcing strategies while working cross functionally with Manufacturing, Quality, Product Management and Engineering.
Analyzes insourcing verses outsourcing opportunities to obtain the best competitive advantage.
Manages critical engineering change requests and determines disposition of inventory.
You will collaborate with partners to innovate and implement strategic solutions, align approach to cross-category vendors and key strategic suppliers with your team. You will grow and maintain relationships with suppliers and internal business partners to ensure Tomra Sorting Purchase needs while fostering a customer-and product centric approach solving issues and representing Operations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, budgeting and evaluating a team of Category Managers and Purchasing Project Leaders.
- Assist to build a resilient organization by challenging existing habits, acting as the linking pin across different departments and business streams and introducing external views, technologies and ways of working.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the creation and execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics within the Purchasing Department and comply with ethical standards
- Establish a world class global and regional supply base and lead efforts in the areas of supplier management relationship building to assure cost, quality and delivery targets are met.
- Provide enterprise-wide sourcing of the highest quality items and achieve cost reduction targets.
- Create transparency and mitigate the liabilities of the company by consistent contract management which is compliant with company polices and government regulations.
- Reduce supply risk and drive value creation by installing multidisciplinary teams and involving suppliers in an early stage of the supply chain - and product development/creation process.
- Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies, activities across all categories including KPI targets, TCO, timelines and resource plans supporting the key business objectives.
- Update the strategies and activities based on changing market conditions.
- Build market intelligence capabilities within the Category Management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions to support company strategy development purposes.
- Analyse market and delivery trends in purchasing technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Define strategies for specific, critical or complex commodities.
- Streamline purchasing operations and have well defined processes across the supply chain.
- Act as escalation point to provide support to the production sites in case of severe purchase and supply chain issues.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading global Procurement teams.
- Direct MRP experience required
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- MBA or master’s in supply chain management preferred
- Master of Business management or Economics
- Knowledge of Engineering
- Industry Certification preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and excellent spreadsheet and math skills.
- Exceptional negotiation experience, knowledge of standard procurement practices, knowledge of contracts, diplomacy, and strong ability to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to work in as fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult price negotiations, exceptionally tight deadlines and expectations.
- Analytical thinker with a positive attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs.
- Decision-Making: Must be able to assimilate the information gathered by yourself and others (internal & external) to make decisions.
relationship building skills
- 5+ years industry experience encompassing purchasing, project management and supplier management
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to TSSemail@example.com