The Prototype Technician will assist in the industrialization process by generating and verifying the information required for serial production.
During the execution of his/her tasks the Prototype Technician will provide constant feedback to improve the overall quality level of assemblies, documentation and processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of prototypes and upgrade packages
- Mechanical and electrical adaptions to prototypes
- Calibration of prototypes
- Testing and validating prototypes, (sub)assemblies and software- and hardware components.
- Maintaining the R&D prototype machines and the R&D machines area
- Provide consistent and constructive feedback during the complete development cycle.
- Testing and giving input during development of prototypes
- Assisting in preparing for serial production and the hand-over to the Production plants.
- Executing material tests
- Maintaining a warehouse with prototype parts
- Support the Service department
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong affinity with Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Strong mechanical assembly skills
- Strong electrical installation skills
- General interest in computer software
- Regular workshop skills like welding, drilling, milling, turning, etc...
- Warehousing skills
- Driver’s license for driving a fork lift.
- Affinity with electronics
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Basic understanding of ERP systems or similar
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Team worker
- Solution oriented, proactive, service oriented, customer oriented
- Knowledge of shop floor safety standards.
- Prepared to travel on a regular basis both to other TOMRA sites or customers’ sites, both domestic and abroad.
Education in mechanics or mechanical design.
Please send CV’s to Tara.Boland@tomra.com