Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new optical sorting technology from concept phase to production including design, prototyping, testing/validation and sustaining
- Organise and execute investigations to assess the suitability or applicability of new/existing technologies for TOMRA
- Keep abreast of relevant scientific developments and liaise with outside bodies such as Universities/Research Institutes to identify and develop new emerging relevant research and technologies
- Some travel to visit customer sites for prototype evaluation, existing product performance evaluation and systems debugging.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong quantitative modelling and analysis skills
- Ability to participate in or lead scientific research projects.
- Solid experience with Python or Matlab
- Experience with the following a plus, vision systems; machine learning; spectroscopy;
- Experience with project management techniques a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills
Engineering or Science background, Masters/PhD
How to apply?
Send CV’s to Tara.Boland@tomra.com.