The multi-disciplinary Systems Team is responsible for the development of the electronic, illumination, optical-imaging, and classification technologies and their subsequent integration with and validation of the mechanical and software aspects of our Tomra’s sorting platforms.
As part of the Systems team, you will be responsible for:
- Research and development of Systems technologies
- Prototype design, test, validation, and performance benchmarking
- Data analysis, modelling, and dissemination of results
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Collaborating with software, engineering, and machine intelligence teams
As part of the System team you will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Each day will present a new opportunity to tackle new challenges bridging a range of technical fields (optics, automation, spectroscopy, multivariate analysis, and machine learning). The broad scope of this role will give you the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of real time solutions to customers and participate in long-range R&D projects.
What you offer
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering field
- 3+ years of relevant industrial experience or post-graduate training
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following disciplines:
automation, electronics, vision systems, optics, or spectroscopy
- Experienced in basic programming or modelling tools (e.g. Python)
- Lateral thinker, problem solver, innovator
- Scientific mindset/methodology (design of experiments)
- Good communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Passionate about continuous development
- Team worker - at ease in high-performance multidisciplinary teams
- Open to travel to validate prototypes on site (domestic & international)
How to apply?
Send an email with your CV to TOMRA HR.