TOMRA Food is the leading provider of optical sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industry. With approximately 8,230 sorting installations globally, TOMRA Sorting's food business is instrumental in optimizing the world's food utilization, safety and quality. TOMRA’s award winning UI is used to control high-tech inspection and sorting machinery that makes our food safer to eat and is essential to our recycling and eco efficient mining businesses also.
The UI-UX designer will join the team creating user friendly, approachable and powerful user-interfaces for TOMRA sorting systems. They should be able to translate high level requirements into interface layouts, interactions and user-flows that make a highly useable and functional user interface and a great user experience for customers and users.
- Develop and create innovative user interface and machine interaction experiences in collaboration with product management, engineering and software development.
- Provide all visual design stages of a UI project from concept to hand-over to software/engineering department.
- Create wireframes, user-flow and process flow concepts and designs to communicate interactions and user interface concepts.
- Present and defend UI designs to peers, product management, developers and implementers.
- Conduct user research and interviews with customers and sorter users.
- Produce and maintain user design guides, user interface tools and graphic assets as required.
- Promote user interface guidelines and UI standards across the organisation.
- Assess, critique and advise developers on their implementation of UI-UX designs, Assess and gather feedback from users on implementations.
- Experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and storyboards.
- Proficiency in Adobe illustrator, Photoshop and other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and other UI rendering technologies.
- Familiarity with current mobile UI and UX design a plus.
- Excellent skills in visual presentation and design, good graphical design skills.
- Up to date with current and future trends in user interface and interaction technology and techniques.
- Practice, or familiarity at least, of current design methodologies and design thinking techniques.
- Able to sell and defend ideas and concepts and designs.
- Good listening skills and empathy, good problem-solving skills.
- BS/MS in UI/UX design or related discipline, Human Computer Interaction or Interaction Design.
- Applicant should have a portfolio of past and recent work to showcase their skills and capabilities.
Please send your Cover Email and CV to Tara.Boland@tomra.com