The successful candidate will use their experience to achieve sales targets and customer satisfaction. TOMRA Sorting is honoured to have a large install base with prestigious Japanese Food companies, where our solutions protect their name, brands, reputation and give them commercial advantage. As the worlds largest food sorting company with the highest technology offers, the opportunities are both exciting and enormous.
- The ASM is responsible for the whole sales process from prospecting (finding and developing the lead) up to the signing of contracts. Sales will be direct to customer (no agents, trading house, etc) and will be a combination of existing customers and finding new customers.
- Achieving the annual sales budget target. This will be achieved by the management of customer leads and opportunities, performing customer tests and demonstrations (with customer products on TOMRA machines in our Saitama demo hall), ensuring strong relationships with the existing install base, marketing campaigns and exhibitions, etc.
- We build strong relationships with our customers. The ASM will assist and guide the customer in their Optical Sorter and Steam Peeling needs. They will bring together TOMRA industry expertise and insight to deliver a solutions for the customer which benefits them commercially and operationally.
- ‘Customer First’ They will manage the customer relationship and work with service to ensure excellent customer relationships.
- Assist in develop and execute on the rolling 5-year strategy for the territory of responsibility. This includes identifying new opportunities for developments (new areas we do not sell into, etc)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the next stage in the growth and development of TOMRA food in Japan (East)
- The ASM will have charge of daily sales activities continuing to achieve ambitious sales targets and build a sustainable pipeline of future opportunities. Ensure all enquiries is recorded on the CRM system.
- Assist the Regional Sales Director APAC in accurate monthly and quarterly sales / opportunity forecasting and in creating future budgets.
- The ASM will negotiate with their customers and on occasion supporting other ASMs in Japan / the APAC region with their customer opportunities, we are a team. The ASM’s experience and strategic direction should be invaluable.
- The ASM will the instrumental in developing the Japan business plan/strategy to meet the growth and ambitions for the market. They will develop and execute yearly plans in accordance and to ensure we stay on target.
- The ASM will be responsible for local market intelligence, , marketing/promotion, planning, trade show attendance and overall growth of region and/or applications, including competitor analysis..
- The ‘voice of the customer’ is critical to what we do. The ASM must listen, understand market and customer needs, and ensure TOMRAs offer address these needs and be of value to the customer. Where there is an unmet opportunity of significance the ASM should identify this to the regional Sales Director and for the organisation.
- Be the champion to ensure customer satisfaction within the region. Highlight with operations, Service or any relevant parties to resolve issues.
- Must be knowledge on the industry trends,in TOMRA application and be able to provide insight and value to our customers.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work under own initiative.
- 10 years plus of experience in selling large capital industrial equipment.
- Must have strong technical/commercial skills, to be able to communicate to customers the benefits of the solution to their operations.
- Strong networker and communicator. Must be able and comfortable to communicate at all levels of the customer organisation – from owners, to CEO’s, chairmen and operators.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large sales areas and key accounts
- Track record of sales success and achieving budgets. (direct sales)
- Good technical background is a must
- Excellent teamwork skills are critical
- Knowledge of and selling to the Food processing industry an advantage.
- Ability to travel intensively a requirement. Anticipate frequent customer meetings and occasional trips to Asia and Europe for internal meetings, training or customer visits.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical or General Engineering
- Any professional business training and qualifications a plus.
- General Office Packages
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written) is a must.
- Competent in MS Office packages
- Extensive training including professional 3rd party sales training will be provided.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to TOMRA HR.