- Your typical week at TOMRA might look like this:
- Validate food sorting application technologies developed with TOMRA (in Leuven, Dublin, Eindhoven and Koblenz) and conduct research on the optimal machine settings to meet the requirements of the market or customer.
- Proactively lead your own projects, potentially working with and guiding people from other departments.
- Use you analytical skills to develop test plans and interpret results, providing important feedback to other departments.
- Communicate you results on time to other engineering teams (including software, optics and mechanics teams) and the sales department, driving innovation and development within TOMRA.
- Work together with other aaplications teams in EU and US to capture experiences on which technology is used for what application. Essentially, you are a go-to person in the company regarding the selection of technologies for specific applications.
This job might be for you if:
You pay attention to details but also don't hesitate to quickly grab a toolbox, hop on a machine and change it. You enjoy seeing technology at work, a broad interest in science and engineering is natural to you. You like learning new technical things and you learn them quickly. When something changes, you embrace the change.
You communicate clearly. You write and speak well and you like to explain any technical issues to anyone. Your are also comfortable in communicating on an international level. You are motivated, driven and you take up new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of you own task and time you spend with us at TOMRA to make a difference.
In a nutshell:
- Master's degree in Engineering/Physics/Science
- Fluent in Dutch and English, other languages are assets
- Experience with basic programming or moddeling tools such as Matlab of Python
- Experience with illumination systems, spectroscopy and signal processing welcome
- Excellent written (research reports) and oral communication skills
- Prepared to travel
To land this job you need to have experiences in problem solving and analytical thinking. You don't need a long patent record - work (in the lab), company experience, hobbies and side projects do count! In return, TOMRA offers an exciting international working environment, competitive salaries and advantages.
How to apply?
Send your resume to TSS-Jobs.BE@tomra.com