Roles and Responsibilities Area Sales Manager:
- Is ambassador and relationship builder and establishes the commercial basis for a good cooperation with international prospects
- Is responsible for the whole sales process from prospection up to the signing of the contract within the assigned market segment and communicates with service in order to ensure an optimal flow of the (new) customer relationship.
- Manages a network of agents and line integrators and performs market research in order to come to a smooth service of the customer potential.
1. Ambassador and relationship builder
- Searches for interesting prospects and initiates partnerships in the assigned countries
- Finds it challenging to explore and fully build up new markets and loves travelling
- Acquires actively the technical knowledge on the sold machines
- Is responsible to achieve the set turnover
- Cooperates actively in drawing up the forecast on sales
- Considers a minimum of 80 days travelling abroad as a plus
- Invites customers and prospects for demonstrations
- Keeps commercials relations continuously updated on new, interesting applications and current projects
2. Process monitoring of the sales within the assigned segment
- Draws up offers for the customer/prospect on the requested application
- Searches for solutions and keeps on going in order to make longer sales projects successful
- Is specialized in one or more specific areas of sorting applications
- Monitors and spreads specific applications
- Draws up careful reports/communication to customers
- Ensures that the commercial data provided by the company are kept up to date
3. Expanding the network of customers
- Prepares national and international fairs in order to build customer relationships
- Makes contacts on national and international fairs
- Encourages customers and prospects to visit the stand
- Monitors the contacts in order to achieve to sales activity
- Explores the market in order to have an image on the possible sales potential
- Remains informed on the activities of the most important competitors in order to always remain one step ahead
Must haves for the function:
- Experience in selling large capital equipment
- Experience in selling long project sales cycle
- Capable of traveling 70% of the time
- Strong networker & communicator at all levels
- Down to earth and open, honest communicator
- Analytical thinker, able to implement a structured approach
- Result oriented and eager to learn by listening to market need
- Experience with capital goods and food industry are important plusses
Higher technical, commercial or industrial engineer
- General Office Packages
- Very good knowledge of German and English.
- We are looking for sales for the German speaking market, therefore it is of course a must to have good German Knowledge and also a must to have good English knowledge to communicate inside the organization. Knowledge of extra languages can be a plus.
- Have you worked with sales of technical equipment before? Direct sales, customer service?
- Do you have an understanding of business to business sales?
- Do you enjoy the autonomy, independence and fast decision making process from working in a company that is growing very fast.
- Do you enjoy prospecting for new clients, to recommend and to close deals with customers.
- Do you have the adaptability to different interlocutors and markets (very good interpersonal skills)?
- Do you have the potential to grow with our company?
- Network and knowledge in the food sector is an advantage.
- Ability to travel in EMEA ( +/-80 days/year)
How to apply?
Send your resume to email@example.com