We are currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to support us in expanding into new applications/market categories for TOMRA Food.
As part of the CoE for Strategy, Marketing & Business Development, your key responsibilities will be
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the scouting and mapping for new applications, market categories of TOMRA Food with our market intelligence team.
• Analysing Market Attractiveness and Strategic Fit while determining our USPs and value proposition from a customer point of view.
• Validating of the market potential/size of the new applications from a global perspective.
• Keeping track of trends, changes within these sectors.
• Translating the needs of each of the new applications into clear requirements for existing and future platforms while looking into cost-margins + benefit-to-customers and working closely together with product management.
• Validating and assessing with the Sales Applications team our current platforms.
• Assisting in gathering performance data, assisting MarCom to create excellent promotional material such as presentations, working concepts, movies etc.
• Finding pioneers and first movers, making visits, organizing tests and demonstrations, in-field validation in order to realize the first sales, establishing the initial references while fine-tuning TOMRA’s proposition based on those installations.
• Working out potential Go-to-Market strategies, while developing partnerships & networks.
• Pioneering and establishing a basic footprint for the new applications, a good foundation that sales can later built on and expand.
• Handing-off of new application to sales entirely when sound basic level is established, go-to-market strategy is laid out, validated and optimized.
• Supporting the 5-year & M&A strategy.
• Superb listening, communicating skills
• Excellent analysis and evaluation skills
• Sales experience while still not shy of dealing with numbers
• Is detailed oriented, technically skilled and passionate
• Can manage and reach tough deadlines
• Works in an excellent & professional way with the other departments
• Used to work with external service providers and consultants
• Is diplomatic but goal oriented
• Is an ambassador for the company, both internal as external and lives TOMRA’s Values: Responsibility, Passion & Innovation
• Is willing to travel abroad on a global scale
Education & working experience:
• Master in Business Management/Business Administration & Economics with focus on Strategic Management, Innovation Management & Business Development, preferably with strong technical background
• 5+ years' working experience in a similar strategic role covering above tasks within a multi-site, multi-country organization
• Creative, innovative, analytical
• Customer focus
• Result driven; team worker
• Multilingual: English, Spanish/French, Dutch…
• Excellent in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your CV (in English) at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating 'Business Development Manager' in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CVS. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members. TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.