Within the R&D department we work on all aspects of the machine necessary for a good sorting solution: optics, mechanics, processing, product handling etc. Within the R&D organization you will be part of the Technology team based in Leuven. Good team working skills are essential! You will work very closely together with all the other engineering disciplines, especially with the optics and software team. We are looking for an experienced Hardware Design Specialist with significant experience in sensor interfacing and VHDL. You should be willing to take on responsibility for carrying out all the tasks required to deliver a system or subsystem on time and to the required quality. You will work across every stage of the design cycle and have the opportunity to get involved in system architecture design. Using the latest tools and methodologies you will work on an exciting and varied range of projects and technologies. Although you will be reporting to the Technology manager you will have a high degree of personal responsibility.
In broad terms, your work consists of:
- Specify, design, test, simulate and realize high-speed hardware, both analogue and digital.
- Understanding and working on the complete system of high-speed data acquisition, digital camera interfacing and high-speed interconnects.
- Centralizing documentation and application information to make it accessible for other departments.
- Presenting ideas and information accurately and explain industry jargon in a clear manner to different stakeholders.
Your enthusiasm, analytical mind and knowledge will enable you to translate high-level requirements into a design-architecture with relevant specifications and develop it further into a working product. You do this together with your colleagues. You are flexible, willing to travel abroad and you meet the following requirements:
- You have a Master’s degree in electronics engineering or similar through experience.
- You have experience in analogue circuit design, especially high speed sensor interfacing.
You have strong Hardware Engineering skills, especially in digital design, FPGA interfacing and architectures.
You have experience with VHDL design.
- Experience with ModelSim and Xilinx Vivado or ISE is a must
- Experience with System-C or Vivado HLS is considered a plus.
- Experience with embedded software (C/C++), Microblaze or ARM considerd a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python is considered a plus.
- Experience with high-speed interfaces like DDR3, Gigabit Ethernet, Cameralink, CoaXPress is considered a plus.
- Experience with JTAG is considered a plus.
- Experience with LED lighting, Laser or Optical systems is considered a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both oral and written.
You feel comfortable in an initiative role and, although you are a great team player, you have no problem taking responsibility to achieve the organization's ultimate goals. Since you are proactive and love to work in a structured manner, you can handle multiple projects in a short period of time. Multitasking is fine by you and you can cope well with deadline pressure. You consider yourself to be a self-starting person who is highly result-driven and constantly focused on quality and continuous improvement. Since you have adopted a getting-things-done spirit, you don’t mind a challenge. You bring tenacity, perseverance and sound problem solving abilities, together with a willingness to learn and deploy new techniques.
The TOMRA offer
We offer you a varied and interesting job in a high-tech environment with a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits. The ability to develop yourself and to broaden your horizons.
If you meet the profile and you would like to work in a dynamic company with an open and informal culture, please send your application to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.