The Mechanical Design Engineer is able to combine a solid technical background and a talent to translate theoretical knowledge in research, design and development to more efficiency and cost reduction. You will support the internal production organisation at the start, the conversion and at failure of the applications in order to guarantee a stable course. Therefore you will guarantee the necessary documentation of designs are in order to enable a flawless installation of and training on the application. You will also participate in building the design, the development and the optimization of existing machines/applications by means of projects or is involved in the development of applications in response to specific questions of customers. You will provide high quality products that require minimal service.
Roles and Responsibilities Mechanical Design Engineer
- The design of (new) prototypes/parts, including drafting, testing and validation.
- Making design changes for the development of new applications or in case of technical problems or for cost reduction
- The support of sales in market research by co-elaborating cost-benefit analysis in response to chronic questions of (potential) customers
- Offering of internal and external support at questions on the application within the own specialism
- Cooperation on technical improvement of the applications and makes improvement proposals
- Providing of the necessary information from the own specialism in order to be able to compose a production file, as well as input on the composition of a solid technical manual on the new design or application
- Project Management; Making a price request up front at the design of special or unexpected items and places the necessary orders after approval. Therefore monitors the assembly of new applications and the timing of the project closely
This position is ideal for a self‐motivated personality, with a desire to improve the quality of your work and to develop new skills, focused on outstanding mechanical design. You have a true passion for engineering and being self-motivated to fully complete tasks comes natural to you. You feel comfortable in an initiative role and, although you are a great team player, you have no problem working independently to achieve the organization's ultimate goal. As communication is key, you have excellent communication and facilitation skills with the demonstrated ability to present or handle complex technical information and issues in a user friendly manner. You have a strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and clearly to team members and clients. Multitasking is fine by you and you are able to cope well with deadline pressure.
- A minimum of 3 years “hands-on” working experience and you bring relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in CAD (preferably but not required, in AutoCAD)
- Experienced and highly-effective user of Solidworks and/or Inventor
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Willing to travel abroad for at around 10% of the time, based on a flexible schedule.
A bachelor or university degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred additional knowledge: pneumatics, electronics & PLC knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English. Other languages are considered to be a plus
How to apply?
Please send your resume to TSSemail@example.com