- Manages and coordinates projects and follows them to ensure that they progress smoothly and that possible problems are dealt with efficiently.
- Is responsible for the results of the planning phase up to and including the feedback & evaluation phase of the assigned projects and makes sure that the clients are always satisfied.
- Supports Sales in the Pre-Sales phase (also known as the initiation phase of a project).
- Cooperates closely with internal and external parties in order to involve the right people at the right moment, and sees to it that they carry out their tasks properly.
- Is responsible for controlling the budget/costs and the extra costs for the assigned projects.
- Ensures that internal and external stakeholders know about the progress, approach and quality of the project and sees to it that obstacles are dealt with.
- Follows up '3rd party' equipment if part of the project.
- Follows procedures and guidelines for project-based work.
- Ensures a smooth and professional transfer of the project to the Service Organisation.
- Cooperates closely with other Project Managers to provide mutual support where necessary and joins in creating a pleasant and collaborative atmosphere in the Project Management Office.
1. Management of technical-operational projects:
- Supports and implements projects in the planning phase up to and including the feedback & evaluation phase.
- Organises and facilitates meetings and other forms of assembly related to the projects and reports on this to the stakeholders and makes sure that obstacles are dealt with efficiently.
- Is well-informed about the content of the assigned projects and ensures that they are planned and followed up properly.
- Takes initiatives that improve the processes.
- Cooperates with the Area Sales Manager to organise ‘Pre-delivery Inspection’ or ‘Factory Acceptance Test’ visits that could be asked for by the client, and follows up obstacles.
- Visits assigned projects in the field , up to 30% of his/her time and can be adhoc travel
- Controls the budget of the 'extra costs' for the assigned projects.
2. Information flow external:
- Cooperates closely with the customer, the agent and, possibly, the line integrator and ensures a proper information flow about the arrangements made.
- Is available to give technical support/advice to agents and customers in the initiation phase of a project.
3. Information flow internal:
- Puts together the construction file for each machine in which all features of the project are included.
- Cooperates closely with the departments Sales, Production, Service and R&D and ensures a proper information flow about the arrangements made.
- Coordinates the production (and possible approval) of the construction drawing(s) of the project.
- Ensures that the production checklist is checked and takes care of the necessary communication of backorder shipments to the stakeholders.
- Is available to give technical support/advice to the Area Sales Managers in the initiation phase of a project.
- Sees to it that the Field Service Engineer in charge of the installation, start-up and commissioning has all the necessary information about the project involved so that the intended results are achieved as efficiently as possible.
- Designs solutions for line integration (if required) in cooperation with Customer Engineering and Sales.
- Supports the technical clarifications in the initiation phase of a project.
- Good communication skills oral & written
- Organisational skills
- Experience in leading projects
- Team worker
- A can do mentality
- Experience with CAD is an asset
- 5-10 Years of project management experience
Master or Bachelor in Technology / Engineering
Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch, French or German are a plus
How to apply?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org