As a QA Engineer you are a key player in the entire product development process, with a main focus on software and firmware testing. Within a multidisciplinary software and firmware development team of 15 colleagues you will be responsible for the professionalization of the QA process. Efficiency is your middle name! You ensure the designed system is of the highest quality. You design and implement Quality Assurance processes to minimize defects with a focus on automated testing.
Roles and Responsibilities
In broad terms, your work consists of:
1. Ensuring the overall quality by applying advanced testing and quality assurance practices
- Design, develop, maintain and execute automated tests on the complete system level, covering both firmware (FW) and software (SW)
- Develop and execute full test plans, test suites, validation and verification plans
- Share your findings in a structured way towards the complete team
- Be part of initiatives towards an encompassing FW and SW QA strategy, harmonizing the current portfolio of testing technology
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy or completeness, or to mitigate risks
2. Ensuring project predictability on the requirements level
- Ensure a smooth firmware and software integration by having a complete system level overview, and pro-actively flagging potential integration issues
- Work alongside subject matter specialists to establish engineering requirements and acceptance criteria
- Investigate customer problems reported by the technical support team
Your enthusiasm, analytical mindset and QA domain knowledge will enable you to define projects from a strategic point of view and develop them further working together with your colleagues. You are flexible, willing to travel abroad and you meet the following requirements:
- You have a minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role
- You possess strong coding skills in Python
- You have experience with web-development test tools such as Selenium and Protractor
- Experience with test automation, both on the backend as the front layer
- Prior exposure to C++ and VHDL are considered a plus
- You have a working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
You have a Bachelors’ or a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Electronics, Industrial Engineering or any other relevant study.
Fluency in English is mandatory. You possess strong communication skills, both oral as written. You feel comfortable with taking initiative and while you are a great team player, you have no problem working independently. You consider yourself to be more of a generalist than a specialist. Loving a challenge, you are constantly focusing on quality and continuous improvement, possess excellent problem solving skills and focus on results rather than efforts.
You have a passion for all aspects related to the state of the art in technology, specifically software and hardware. Your primary location will be Leuven, but a regular commute to the Eindhoven office would be part of the job.
How to apply
Please send your resume to TSSfirstname.lastname@example.org.