Roles and Responsibilities
- - The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer can combine a solid technical background and a talent to translate theoretical knowledge into cost effective designs.
- - You are leading in the conceptual and architecture definition of machines and modules to meet agreed performance and cost targets. Make cost predictions based on your knowledge of production techniques.
- - Apply state-of-the-art DfM techniques to guiding junior engineers in detailing the overall design of parts and modules.
- - The design of (new) prototypes/parts, including drafting, testing and validation.
- - Maintain the technical knowledge on food sorting applications. Offer support to sorting issues (internal and external).
- - Cooperation on technical improvement of the applications and makes improvement proposals
- - Organize and lead design reviews and FMEA sessions to assure perfect quality of design
- - Maintain and improve the design documentation principles to fit with the requirements from suppliers, manufacturing, service teams.
- - Schedule and track detailed work of junior mechanical engineers to meet overall project deadlines
- - Represent the mechanical engineering department to different internal and external stakeholders and partners
- - Maintain a good network and do market research for new technologies, materials, suppliers, partners.
- - Be a go-to person for our junior design engineers.
This position is ideal for a self‐motivated person, with a desire to improve the quality of your work and to develop new skills. A strong focus on delivering outstanding mechanical designs and track new technologies is essential to take up this responsibility.
You have a true passion for engineering and demonstrate a drive to complete tasks. You feel comfortable in taking initiatives.
As a senior in a team, you stimulate others to be creative and deliver good results. At the same time you have no problem working independently to achieve the organization's goals.
As communication is key, you have excellent communication and facilitation skills. You are able to present or handle complex technical information and issues in a user-friendly manner. You have a strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and clearly to team members and clients. Multitasking is fine by you and you can cope well with deadline pressure.
- A minimum of 10 years “hands-on” working experience and you bring relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in CAD
- Experienced and highly effective user of Solidworks and/or Inventor
- Experience with sheet metal, turning, milling and welding of Stainless Steel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Willing to travel abroad frequently, based on a flexible schedule.
- Experience in hygienic design and/or design of food processing equipment is a plus.
- Innovative mindset
- Coaching ability
A university degree in electro -mechanical engineering
How to apply?
Interested in our vacancy? Send your CV to TSSfirstname.lastname@example.org