Being our problem solver, your job profile will look like this:
- Developing TOMRA’s products of tomorrow is your business. You lead long-time research activities in the strategic areas as identified within our business. This includes the assessment of internal and external research methodology and findings. Furthermore, you seek new approaches to challenges and cross application of existing technologies.
- To gain ideas, you work with our product development teams to transfer distinct opportunities into marketable solutions. Using your technical background, you conduct conceptual and feasibility studies, do validation and remain in customer contact.
- You proactively work together with members of your own team and with members of other teams especially in Leuven (e.g. mechanics, software and optics) and internationally (Koblenz, Dublin, Eindhoven). You communicate your findings and make strategic recommendations to other stakeholders and the senior management.
- You cooperate with external partners (universities and research institutes) to leverage their knowledge, expertise, resources and work force.
This job might be interesting for you if:
- You have a strong foundation in either Physics, Chemistry or Engineering (Masters and PhD), with good working knowledge of the others. You are passionate about multi-disciplinary science at the interface between biological and technological problems. You have a pragmatic, solution oriented and determined working style.
- You have a proven track record in managing multi-disciplined, multi-partnered research projects (e.g. during your PhD or postdoc time in the lab or elsewhere) and can practice formal project management.
- You enjoy selling and defending promising ideas and concepts to people that can have very diverse backgrounds, different to yours. You convince people of the value of your projects and ideas.
- Your experiences with chemical imaging, spectroscopy etc. are a plus.
- You like to travel on a regular basis both to other TOMRA sites or customers’ sites, both domestic and abroad.
- You have excellent English communication skills in writing as well as orally. Other languages, especially Dutch are assets.
How to apply?
To land this job you need to be a communicative problem solver with strong scientific background and broad interests. Make sure you convince us of your previous projects, skill-sets and experiences. In return, TOMRA offers an exciting international working environment, competitive salaries and advantages.
Please send your resume to TSS-Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org