We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, technically savvy Area Sales Manager (ASM) with advanced knowledge of the tree nut processing industry, to be a part of our Sales team at TOMRA. We are the world-leader in the design and manufacture of hi-tech industrial equipment that sorts defects from fast moving product streams in food processing industries. Our machines employs lasers, spectroscopy, high-speed cameras, and other advanced technologies to inspect and detect out-of-spec products and foreign material which is then removed from the stream using jets of compressed air.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Achieve annual revenue (machine sales] targets for products in the territory through own direct sales and via agents
- Maintain close contact and foster relationships with the major key accounts
- Complete weekly visits to customer sites and meet with engineering, operations and maintenance personnel - vertical depth of contact.
- Execute weekly and monthly reviews with agents to move opportunities through the sales process.
- Generate competitor information and report into TSS Food database.
- Propose new applications and/or products to director to meet customer needs.
- Be present and assist in new machine startups.
- Communicate to TSS Food Operations manager service / warranty issues.
- Attend multiple trade shows annually.
- Follow up on all customer questions regarding their products and support issues.
- Review customer layouts in coordination with Project Management and Applications team.
- Ensure all relevant proposals, order confirmations, updating CRM package are maintained in accordance with company policies
- Foster and maintain excellent relations with customers.
- Update the CRM-SalesForce database for territory on a daily basis.
- Complete customer quotations adhering toTSS Food policy on pricing and terms directly or through TSS Food resources.
- Order confirmation generation to territory customers meeting TSS Food policy on pricing and terms and conditions.
- Ensure regular visits made to customers in a planned and cost effective manner.
- Keep director informed on any issues which impact sales effectiveness and customer relations.
- Be technically proficient regarding all products sold.
- Offer customer solutions to their problems rather than stand-alone products.
- Report on competition sales and product activities to director.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in selling large capital industrial equipment into the nut processing industry (almonds, pecans, walnuts, macadamia, etc)
- Must have excellent commercial skills and proven track record of exceeding annual sales targets.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large sales areas and key accounts
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Excellent teamwork skills are critical
- High tolerance for working under occasionally stressful conditions
- Understanding of the food processing industry is a significant plus
- Ability to travel intensively both domestically and internationally
- Technical background is a must
- Good verbal and non-verbal communicator, speaks with clarity, assertiveness
- Competitive, strives for maximum performance
- Customer minded
- Good positive drive
- Eager to learn and eye for detail
- Team player
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Can deal with pressure and deadlines
- Looks continuously for improvements
- Challenges self with the others of the team
- Is critical and high demanding
- Can deal with stress and unexpected issues
- Coordinates own projects and follows up accordingly
- Is pro-active
- Always looking for new opportunities
- Takes responsibility and doesn’t make excuses
- Fluent in English; Spanish is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Ability to pass background and drug screening
- Available to travel both domestically 50%+; occasional international travel
How to apply
Please submit your application and resume to: TSS-common-hr-DEN@tomra.com.