TOMRA Sorting, Inc., is a world leader in optical and electronic sorting equipment. We are a dynamic company with an outstanding product line and customer satisfaction in the food sorting industry.
This is project based work requiring mechanical, electrical, and electronic aptitudes. Once fully trained, the Technical Assembler is responsible for assembly of specific machines taking into account the technical requirements of the customers as well as machine delivery dates.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Production of Machine
- Assemble all mechanical, electrical, electronic parts of the machine in conformity with the production order and the production drawing:
- All electrical preparations: cables, assemble electronic windows and cabling, installation of optical assembly, set up machines with the electrical and electronic cables.
- All mechanical preparations: assembling all mechanical parts of the machines, assembling doors, lids, belts, motors.
- Confirm proper assembly by use of a checklist. Inform production manager if issues occur.
- Control quality of work by testing assembled machine according to customer requirements.
- Clean the machine and provide the necessary labeling before sending to the customer.
- Along with Production Manager and colleagues, seek solutions for problems that occur during the production process.
- Follow quality and safety procedures.
- Clean and organize production area before leaving.
- Assist production manager in daily warehouse tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Electrical, mechanical, and electronics experience or aptitude (each candidate interviewed will be asked to demonstrate aptitude by means of testing in each of these areas).
- Conscientious and cooperative team player attitude
- Ability to self-motivate
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Accurate general computer skills (look up and enter alpha-numeric product codes)
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Physically fit (able to Lift to 50 lbs frequently, stand for full shift)
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.