The Field Service Engineer position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international. Initial training on our systems will be conducted in the West Sacramento facility.
The Field Service Engineer will schedule and perform on-site installation, service, and repair of complex agricultural sorting equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
Roles and responsibilities
- Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all mechanical, electric, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system.
- Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits.
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus.
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 80 lbs, and working in confined spaces.
- Ability to drive for long distances.
- Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum.
- No major food allergies that would impede on-the-job requirements.
- Ability to work in food processing plants, farms, cold storage facilities, and outside in high/low temperatures.
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronics, sustainable manufacturing, or industrial engineering is preferred.
- Extensive travel (~80%) by car and by air, with overnight travel required.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to drive without restrictions.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
How to apply
Submit your resume to TOMRA HR.