This position is ideal for an entry level, commercially minded, self-starter, and an organized individual who has a passion for supporting sales and customer service departments.
The Junior Project Manager (PM) will coordinate technical projects and the technical-commercial follow-up of those projects to ensure customer satisfaction. The PM should possess knowledge in project management and capturing customer specifications, then transferring them to the other teams like production and service.
Roles and responsibilities
- The main contact between sales and the utilization of TOMRA resources.
- Capture the client’s specification of new orders and upgrades and develop a project plan for production, logistics, and installation.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that the client’s needs are being captured.
- Support the regional sales team with technical support and layouts. Pull together cross-functional expertise to make machines that meet project objectives (on time, meet performance expectations, and budget).
- Provide and/or create General Arrangement drawings for customer.
- Provide production plans to Field Service Engineers to ensure a successful installation of each machine.
- Work with regional Sales and Applications Support Engineers, and global project engineering teams to help build the best practices, designs, and transfer knowledge internally.
- Provide non-complex mechanical production drawings.
- Note: Essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section.
- Preferably of 3+ years’ experience in a technical project management role Or Internship in a technical capacity.
- As manufacturing capabilities increase to meet market demands, the JPM needs to have the strategy, leadership, and accountability from pre-sales to installation. Only when the client is 100% satisfied with their purchase does the project come to completion.
- Preferably 1-2 years’ experience working with CAD software systems.
- Knowledge of project management and familiarity capturing customer specifications, then transferring them to production teams.
- Knowledge of project management, field service and customer support.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Person who takes initiative and works accurate.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) to interact with different stakeholders.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment test
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, technical, or industrial engineering.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus!
How to apply
Please send your resume to TOMRA HR by July 30, 2018.