The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will assist Technical Service Manager(s) (TSM) in evaluating our Field Service Engineers' (FSE) technical knowledge, skills and development areas from installation follow-ups and service trip reports.
Responsible for service call and case management. Travel to customer sites as needed to resolve technical issues that have not been resolved by the FSE (call escalations).
The position requires approximately 100 days in the field per year, this amount can differ according to seasonal and technical circumstances. Current FSEs transitioning into TSEs will be required to train and travel while incoming replacement is onboarding.
Roles and responsibilities
- Respond to and resolves inquiries from customers, Sales Agents, Area Sales Managers, and FSE’s regarding technical issues.
- Assists CSC’s & RSM to assign the appropriate FSE to service interventions based on workload and skill set.
- Research and analyze field reports and maintenance checklist to ensure all problems and pending issues are solved.
- Ensures that continuous telephone support is available to customers as well as FSE’s who are in the field.
- Analyze technical problems to ensure that the CSC sends the necessary parts and/or the appropriate FSE.
- Interface with Product Support Experts and Engineering to help the resolve technical problems identified in the field.
- Research and provide solutions to unresolved long-term or repeat problems by contacting the responsible Product Support Expert (PSE) within Tomra and our suppliers.
- Ensures that solutions are both technically and commercially correct in order to meet the customer’s needs and TOMRA’s profitability.
- Assist the CSC in managing the PAX users and licenses.
- Reports technical and engineering problems to the TOMRA organization and follows up with resolutions.
- Examines and analyses long term unsolved or repeat problems by meeting with appropriate personnel/department and working out action plan.
- Makes on-site service visits to expedite resolution to long-term problems.
- Excellent customer service skills with external and internal customers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Familiarity with travel procedures, geographical locations, customer service practices.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical thinker and ability to communicate procedures in detail via phone or email.
- Minimum of 3 years with optical sorting machines.
How to apply
Please send your application and CV to TOMRA HR.