TOMRA Sorting Solutions, is a world leader in optical and electronic sorting equipment. We are a dynamic company with an outstanding product line and customer satisfaction in the sorting industry. Our US operation has an excellent opportunity for a TEMPORARY HR ASSISTANT in West Sacramento, CA.
This role will administer various human resources functions including recruiting and benefits for all company personnel. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the successful administration of HR procedures and systems, routine clerical duties and special projects while working under general supervision. TOMRA’s US Food headquarters in based out of our West Sacramento, California office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports entire scope of the recruiting process including screening candidates, phone interviews, and working with managers on offers.
- Posts all job openings for the US.
- Update and maintain Applicant Tracking System.
- Performs pre-employment background checks and assists with new employee onboarding.
- Maintains employee files and benefit files.
- Reviews change requests to determine accuracy and completeness of information, utilize discretion and escalate issues as needed to correct individual. Examples of change requests include W-2’s and home addresses.
- Perform benefits administration, benefits reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assist with exit interviews.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and create reports from database.
- Schedule new hire and ongoing training.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in daily tasks.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources administration, specifically including recruitment, onboarding and terminations, policy review and maintenance, HRIS administration.
- Ability to work independently and partner with the Sacramento-based Human Resources Manager.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- An Associate's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related business field, or one to two years’ experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
How to apply: