Reliable and accessible data allows our organisation to take the right tactical and strategic decisions. Ensuring a high level of data quality is a crucial step in this. This is exactly your area of expertise where you’ll put your focus on and will make the difference. You define, build, and maintain a data quality strategy for the whole Tomra Food organization. You articulate this strategy in tactical actions to mine, interpret and clean our data and pro-actively define data quality assurance tools. You have a thorough and in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end Business Analytics and Performance Management cycle and understands the strategic value and position of Business Analytics solutions You master existing tools supporting the Enterprise Management Performance solutions: Oracle, SQL and the Microsoft BI suite: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, build and maintain the Tomra Food data quality strategy.
• Operate all data quality initiatives within the Tomra Food organization and ensure a continuous and comprehensive communication with all your stakeholders: business, DBP team members, IT, …
• Acting within the EPM eco system as the guardian of data quality. In this role you give direction to the implementation of the data quality strategy and work closely with the development teams.
• Playing an essential role in safeguarding the data integrity of the decision support platform.
• Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
• Proactively searching for the "business value" in data, exploring the possibilities and advising your business stakeholders when making their decision.
• Staying current on business/supplier developments through relevant reading, networking, meetings or attending conferences/workshops.
• You design, develop, and manage data quality reports that are used within business and work processes. For this you work together with a data steward.
• You set up dashboards with visualization tools (Power BI ecosystem).
• You design and develop data profiling solutions.
• You write queries to retrieve data from operational source systems.
Can the data quality be further improved? You notice and make a proposal. This can be reactive, as a consequence of an incident, or structurally.
You do data cleaning when the data does not meet the quality requirements.
You are responsible for data quality checks. You build detective controls, preventive controls are built by a developer, data engineer or database manager.
You document quality rules and controls, and you keep this documentation updated.
You enable to translate information quality rules into data quality rules.
No two days are the same. You work with many different people and you have a varied range of tasks.
Candidate profile, required skills:
Have strong numeric, analytical, and problem-solving skills with eye for detail, at same time maintaining an overview.
High level of initiative, ability to work well in a team environment, plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.
Able to work, always innovating, in a rapidly change environment, prioritizing accordingly.
High degree of customer centricity and good communication skills.
Eager to be part of a global virtual team.
You know different techniques around data profiling
• Master the Microsoft BI Ecosystem (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI) and comfortable with Microsoft OS usage and management (Windows and Windows server).
Experience with database querying language SQL within Oracle and MS SQL Server, Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint).
Fluent in English; knowledge of other languages is desired but not essential.
You help shape a new role within our organization. You think along, take a critical and constructive firm attitude, and make proposals.
Graduated in business management, information management, statistics, information science or equivalent by experience.
TOMRA offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization.
We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally, stimulating personal growth and self-development. We offer a market competitive salary package.
How to apply:
Send your application to the HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating Data Quality Engineer in the subject line.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CVS. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members. TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.