Your typical week at TOMRA might look like this:
- Improve sorting application technologies developed within TOMRA (in Leuven, Dublin, Eindhoven and Koblenz) and conduct research on the optimal machine settings to meet the requirements of the market or customer.
- Develop test infrastructure in order to most efficiently guarantee the correct function of modules and machines as a whole, using your analytical skills to interprete results.
- Develop solutions by yourself or by providing feedback to other engineering departments. You take ownership of your projects.
- Communicate your results to other engineering teams
- Become a go-to person in the company regarding the selection of technologies for specific sorting applications.
This job might be for you if:
You pay attention to the details but also don’t hesitate to quickly grab a toolbox, hop on a machine and change it. You enjoy seeing technology at work, a broad interest in science and engineering is natural to you.
You communicate clearly. You write and speak well and you like to explain any technical issues to anyone. You are also comfortable in communicating on an international level. You are motivated, driven and you take up new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of your own task and time you spend with us at TOMRA to make a difference.
In a nutshell:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Physics/Science. Experience in optics and mechanical design is an asset.
- Fluent in English, Dutch and other languages are assets
- Experience with basic programming or modelling tools such as Matlab or Python
- Experience with illumination systems, spectroscopy and signal processing welcome
- Excellent written (research reports) and oral communication skills
- Prepared to travel about a month per year
How to convince us:
To land this job you need to have experiences in problem solving and analytical thinking. You don’t need a long patent record – work (in the lab), company experience, hobbies and side projects do count! Arduino, Raspberry Pi & co ring a bell? Please apply!
In return, TOMRA offers an exciting international working environment, competitive salaries, and advantages.
How to apply?
Please send your CV to email@example.com