The Vice President is responsible for defining requirements for all product offerings, creating business plans, marketing/launch plans and release plans; ensuring that a full lifecycle process is followed from product readiness to market release to launch. The position holder owns the product roadmap, constantly reassessing its underlying assumptions and value contribution to the customer value chain.
The Vice President will provide thought leadership across the value chain, formulating the five-year product strategy and vision with focused realization roadmap, collaborates and aligning with the Head of R&D and the Head of Sales, and sparring with the CEO of TOMRA processed Food. The Vice President will be responsible for the product lifecycle and new product introduction, plus strong collaboration on the stage gate process with VP R&D. The Vice President will scrutinize through a customer-centric lens, the value proposition potential across the category verticals. This increased Category Focus puts more emphasis in this role to getting closer to the customer through each specific Category lens, with responsibility for optimizing the matrix of categories and products. Hence, he/she will liaise intensely with the sales and R&D departments to provide best-in-class solutions for value creation across the product lifecycles.
The role is responsible for product marketing, providing input for executing through the central marketing communications team. The Vice President will also drive the development of the Integrated Solutions offerings (through category lens), systematically uplifting value proposition through system integration within the client’s environment, complemented with solution marketing elements targeting this underlying value. He/She will closely collaborate with the VP services to jointly define the services components related to product and solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, managing and strategic planning of the overall product roadmap for TOMRA Processed Food products and offerings.
- Financial responsibility includes both annual operating plan, budgeting and indirectly support of the P&L of Food Processing to achieve an annual revenue and target margin objective.
- Build best practices around representing and documenting product needs of internal users through close consultation with cross functional teams
- Manage release cycles and milestones of products spanning multiple features
- Lead the product management team to assure the user input/stories are clearly written and detailed to drive technology and development
- Align the prioritization of feature requests along the product roadmap and act iteratively throughout the implementation process, working closely with Head of R&D.
- Ensure collaboration across cross-functional teams to allocate resources aligned with• product initiatives and ensure operational priorities and the product roadmap is aligned with the company’s vision
- Always maintaining Voice of the Customer in the development of products and offerings.
- Guide the Product team in proactively managing changes while continuously delivering value to customers and escalating issues in a timely manner
- Engage with Sales and Marketing to bring transparency and understanding of the product roadmap, including feature requests and prioritizations
- Accountable for the fiscal impact by product line for all development initiatives and for developing comprehensive pricing strategies in partnership with the Head of Finance and Product Marketing.
Team support & Development
- Direct reporting and supervisory relationships with 1 Director and 4 indirect team members. (with a future Director position to be added).
- Work cross functionally with other functional partners and Business Areas to develop and recommend solutions for areas of high business impact or developing regions.
- Develop and execute effective methods to train team members knowledge and capabilities and enhance their performance.
- Maintain a culture of Safety, Health and care for the Environment in line with TOMRA’s group core values.
- Provide leadership education and mentoring to team members and Product Management Leaders with the help of P&O to achieve continuous talent development and succession planning
- Deliver effective change management tactics to gain maximum success and ROI on change initiatives.
- Provide and support executive leaders with material for management and HQ meetings.
Education & Requirements:
- Master’s degree preferred (industrial, technical, economics) or a bachelor with minimum 10+ years of experience
- Proven success in working cross functionally in a global environment to deliver
- Proven success in working cross functionally in a global environment to deliver high value complex (=preferred) solutions and services, within a diversified market structure
- Demonstrated Product Market experience, understanding utilization & use from a client’s perspective and integrating feedback from customers into product development.
- Seven+ years of technical, enterprise and product management experience. Demonstrated knowledge on managing full value proposition cycle within product management
- Proven ability to build consensus across an Executive Team on all aspects of the end-to-end product lifecycle with alignment to our company vision
- A proven mix of both technical and business acumen to effectively interact with Engineering, Sales, Marketing to support the product roadmap and elevate engagement with our customers
- Hands-on approach to mentoring teams and establishing a culture of immersive product management, within a multicultural and international context
- Preferably have experience in an international service organization for investment goods
- Fluent in English – fluency in other languages is definitely an asset.
- Strong, ambitious, and inspiring leader expressing a clear vision with pronounced communication skills (adaptive to audience, diplomatic)
- Listening skills and communication skills; demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of customers from small family farms to international corporate executives
- Customer Centric minded; active focus on the customer value chain with ability to drive propositions across life cycle (including end-of lifecycle aspects, digitalization…)
- Result-driven with a passion for the company’s technology and employees
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; Stress-resistance
- Experience working in a Matrix environment – diligent in influencing other departments to act jointly and progressively towards common goals
- Involves direct reports and managers in an active way – promotes empowerment and engagement
- Commercially oriented with strong customer centricity
- Team player and able to inspire people by your own enthusiasm and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to motivate and generate passion within an organization of which several stakeholders live and work remotely from company facilities
- Experience working in an international environment and appreciate cultural differences
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%. Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
How to apply
Please send your application to our recruitment partner indicating application VP, Head of Product Management in the subject line.