**Resume must be submitted in English**
About TOMRA Sorting:
TOMRA Sorting is a multi-national organization and a leading provider of sensor based sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industries. Developing state-of-the-art technologies, optimizing customers' production flow, and helping to deliver consistent high quality output have been our strengths for more than 30 years in the food industry.
At TOMRA, we want people to innovate, exhibit passion and be responsible. We encourage the freedom to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. We thrive off passion that always focuses and commits to meeting success. We demand a responsible and safe mindset that takes care of our customers, products and fellow employees.
Who Should Apply:
Are you a motivated individual who enjoys solving complex electromechanical issues? Do you love visiting a wide variety of facilities in different locations? Do you enjoy working with the latest state-of-the-art technology? Then keep reading.
The Service Team in Brazil is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer who will help us continue our rapid growth. This role is ideal for electromechanical professionals who want to help change the world.
As the Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for visiting customer locations to provide superior service on TOMRA sophisticated equipment, commission newly installed equipment at customer facilities, providing customer training on maintenance and offer ideas about improvement possibilities from quality to efficiency and profitability.
- ·Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- ·Perform all mechanical, electrical, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
- ·Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- ·Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system.
- ·Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits.
- ·Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- ·Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- ·Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- ·Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- ·Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
- ·Extensive domestic and international travel, with up to 80%.
- ·Based near the city of Uberlandia in Brazil.
- ·Must possess a personal vehicle for travel.
- ·Experience in field service and customer support within the food industry.
- ·Valid passport or ability to obtain one required for travel.
- ·Clean driving record and possession of a driver’s license required for travel.
- ·Ability to pass all type of background check.
- ·Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
- ·Experience working with large mechanical tools and industrial equipment.
- ·Understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- ·Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations.
- ·Strong analytical skills to work on problems of a diverse scope.
- ·Basic knowledge of MS Office products; Word, Excel and PPT.
- ·Ability to read schematics.
- ·Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- ·English and Spanish proficiency in both written and verbal communication.
- ·Able to lift up to 36 kilos.
- ·3+ years experience as a Field Service Engineer
- ·Experience in electronic system troubleshooting in the food industry
- ·Ability to work in Food processing plants, farms, cold storage facilities, and outside in high/low temperatures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.