Shared role between Project Coordination and Field Service Work. Estimate on 50/50 split including legacy equipment support. Strong technical, organizational and communication skills mandatory.
- Field service work
(commissioning, testing, operation, maintenance, repair, breakdowns).
- External and internal Project coordination work
(new projects, upgrades, other service related).
- Approximately up to 120 travel days/year often to remote mining site locations domestically
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships is critical to success in this role.
- Commitment to continuous improvement by providing feedback and suggestions on quality, efficiency and profitability.
- Act positively and in a customer oriented way.
Field Service Technician/Engineer
- Onsite installation and commissioning of sorter projects.
- Providing on call technical phone support and field response to equipment and customer issues.
- Training of customer maintenance and service personnel.
- Provide support for legacy sorting equipment including coordination and conducting in-house repairs.
- Responsible for delivery of effective field service work in terms of costs and timing.
- Coordination with the customer project team for new sales projects for successful integration of the TOMRA sorting equipment into the customer plant.
- Planning and directing project schedules with multiple stakeholders for new sales projects, upgrade projects and internal projects.
- Close co-ordination with the customer project team from point-of-sale to post-commissioning.
- Interfacing where necessary with other internal teams such as Supply Chain, Applications, Development.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information and issues in a user friendly manner.
- Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to relate to customers, their views and issues, locally and in other countries and cultures.
- Motivated individual who has a passion for Engineering.
- Socially outgoing, ability to handle work demand.
- An electrical based degree with a strong inclination towards hands on skills in mechanical and electrical systems, both hardware and software.
- A diploma in project management would be advantageous.
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- >3 years work experience in industrial equipment support role.
- Preferred experience in mining environment.
- Self-motivation and proven capacity to fully complete tasks.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Driving license.
- Must be a team player.
- Other languages advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to Katy.Agahd@tomra.com.