The main role of the Purchaser will be to have the responsibility for the operational monitoring of the full purchasing process of all electrical, mechanical, optical and electronic key components that are necessary for the assembly of hi-tech sorting machines. The position requires international travelling (estimated 3-5 days/month) e.g. to suppliers located in Slovakia or in the Czech Republic or to the associate company in Slovakia.
Position roles and responsibilities
- To request offers internationally, to select suppliers and negotiate the best conditions in order to guarantee the competitiveness and business continuity of TOMRA Sorting Solutions;
- To interact and communicate with several relevant functions and units within TOMRA Sorting Solutions as e.g. Engineering, R&D, production and service to align purchasing to their needs;
- To build and maintain long term relationships with suppliers and to take care of evaluations and adjustments in order to achieve an optimal teamwork and
- To supervise the administrative handling of the ordered goods and services in order to achieve a smooth internal operation.
- Proven track record that includes experience with engineering drawings, parts lists and performance data.
- ~5 years of relevant experience in the purchasing of mechanical parts – ideally in an international and medium-sized company.
- MS-Office knowledge and Experience with ERP-systems such as Microsoft Navision
- Business fluent in German and English, both written and oral – other languages welcome
- High degree of motivation and communication skills, enthusiastic and convincing
- Practitioner with a technical or commercial apprenticeship or comparable qualifications acquired during professional life.
- Distinct willingness to cooperate and work in a team
- Cross-cultural competence
- Technical orientation
How to apply
Please submit your application to Melanie.Knödgen@tomra.com, CC: Brigitte.Pisall@tomra.com