Due to an increasing market size in North America, we are now looking to appoint additional Area Sales personnel in any of the following locations:
- Toronto/Montreal, Canada
In Area Sales, you will have the responsibility for organizing and efficiently managing all product sales and business development activities within the area of responsibility. Additionally, you will work in close cooperation with our Global Service Manager to sell associated service agreements. The Tomra technology is new to the Mining Industry so the position includes a substantial portion of Business Development which includes attendance at trade shows.
Roles and Responsibilities
Plan and execute all sales activities in the given area of responsibility from lead generation through closing.
- Responsible for entire RFQ/RFP process; from proposal generations, to answering technical questions and order confirmation.
- Provide pipeline management and sales forecasting to upper management.
- Ensure effective internal organization of processes and structures.
- Consistently enter new opportunities and maintain existing information in the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Support existing agent/distributors and further identify and develop new agents.
- Responsible for the sales and marketing budget for the area.
- Implement and execute the sales strategy.
- Close cooperation and collaboration with several other functions within Tomra Mining and Tomra Sorting; including Global Service, Application and Project Management.
3-5 years’ experience in the sorting industry or the mining industry or selling large industrial or capital equipment
- Proven record working successfully with teams
- Strong commercial skills
- Successful contract negotiation
- Excellent listening and communication skills to determine customer true business requirements
- Offering customers solutions to their problems rather than standalone products
- Result-driven with a passion for the company’s technology
- Analytic approach
A Bachelor’s Degree in mining, mineral processing or in another relevant technical engineering field
Motivates others and has a clear vision
- Driven to achieve sales targets and strategic objectives
- High tolerance to working under stressful conditions
- Experience working in an international environment
- Cross cultural understanding
- Willing to travel extensively
- Fluent verbal and written English. Spanish or French a plus.
How to Apply