This position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international. The Field Service Engineer will schedule and perform on-site installation, service and repair of complex mining equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Field service work includes the commissioning, operation, testing, integration, optimization, maintenance and repair of TOMRA mining equipment
- Predominantly for Mining in Americas, but similar tasks in other TOMRA Sorting business streams may occur
- Travels approximately 180 days/year
- Supports Tomra sorter auxiliary mineral processing equipment
- Provides on call technical phone support and field response to equipment and customer issues
- Provides training of customer maintenance and service personnel
- Is the primary point of contact for the local installation base in Mining for sorters manufactured by TOMRA Sorting
- Ensures the maximum performance of the TOMRA Sorting system in the field to satisfy the customers
- Responsible for an effective field service work in terms of costs and timing
- Offers ideas about improvement possibilities from quality to efficiency and profitability
- Acts positively and is customer oriented
- Motivated individual who has a passion for Engineering
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information and issues in a user-friendly manner
- Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting and follow-up skills
- Ability to relate to customers, their views and issues, locally and in other countries and cultures
- Socially outgoing and has the ability to handle work demand
A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field such as Control & Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (Light Current) is required.
- > 3 year’s work experience in industrial equipment support role
- Preferred experience in mining environment
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations
- Self-motivation and proven capacity to fully complete tasks
- Must be a team player
- Ability to speak Spanish or French a plus
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record - no alcohol violations
- Passport or ability to get a passport
- Ability to pass criminal background and drug screen
How to apply?
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.