This position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international.
The Field Service Engineer will schedule and perform on-site installation, service, and repair of complex mining equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Qualified candidates, should apply online as these positions will fill quickly!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all mechanical, electric, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Commissioning, operation, testing, integration, optimization, maintenance and repair of TOMRA mining equipment.
- Predominantly for Mining in Americas, but similar tasks in other TOMRA Sorting business streams may occur.
- Providing on call technical phone support and field response to equipment and customer issues.
- Training of customer maintenance and service personnel
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the local installation base in Mining for sorters manufactured by TOMRA Sorting
- Ensures the maximum performance of the TOMRA Sorting system in the field to satisfy the customers
- Responsible for an effective field service work in terms of costs and timing
- Being responsible for spare part inquiries
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information and issues in a user friendly manner
- Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills
- Motivated individual who has a passion for Engineering
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Control & Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Military training or equivalent experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- 3+ years work experience in industrial equipment support role
- Preferred experience in mining environment
- Self-motivation and proven capacity to fully complete tasks
- Must be a team player
- Advanced IT skills
- Ability to work at altitude of 10,000+ feet
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Passport or ability to get a passport
- Ability to pass criminal background and drug screen
- Preferred further language Spanish or French
How to apply:
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org