TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a world leader in optical and electronic sorting equipment and is a dynamic company with an outstanding product line the field of sorting in Recycling, Food and Mining.
Why is it worthwhile to start and stay at TOMRA? Quite simply, we are a steadily growing international company that has retained its family atmosphere. Our corporate culture is Norwegian, which means there is no hierarchical thinking. If you are interested in titles and hierarchy you are at the wrong place here. We see a bright future in economic terms. Aside from that, it´s nice to know that our recycling machines are helping to make the world cleaner.
Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
At TOMRA, we look for leaders by example – not bosses.
We talk TO one another and not ABOUT one another – or top-down. As an employer, we stand for transparency, team spirit, laughter, innovation and passion for what we do! We don’t like playing games or politics in the office. Instead, we offer you a “purpose”. We see ourselves as game changers, idea creators, influencers,…. We are a family of colleagues, work together – and not against one another – and prefer to see the glass half full and not half empty.
The Backend Data Developer is the technical product owner of our data processing and storage pipeline acting as the technical expert in that area which others can consult and who
evaluates, prototypes and implements new product features. They will also assist in implementing new features and troubleshoot issues across the entire cloud platform.
• Implement new features and changes in all parts of our cloud platform
• Keep up to date and perform hands-on evaluation and implementation of new cloud technologies in particular around realtime data processing and data storage management.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to connected teams and shape the roadmap for the data processing and storage pipeline
• Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting for all parts of the cloud platform
• Document specifications, designs and keep developer documentation up to scratch
• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Automation Technology, or similar – alternatively 5+ years of work experience in a similar role
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Flexibility to work outside standard office hours due to team members located in New Zealand, Europe, US, and China.
• Have fun digging into complex problems and setups and try to untangle them.
• Love to code – C# would be good, more programming languages is a benefit.
• Have experience with large scale data streaming and storage technologies such as Azure Stream Analytics, Azure EventHubs, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Data Lakes, etc.
• Have experience with continuous delivery and integration, microservices, automated unit testing, database technologies, …
• Have experience with cloud backends – MS Azure framework preferred.
• Understand the concepts of IoT, edge, and cloud architectures.
• Have experience with version control systems, ideally Git.
Send your application to the attention of Peter Parcker and attach your
• CV in English
• Certificates (degree, trainings, seminars, refernces, etc)
Via the following link: https://short.sg/j/10317265