This position is located in our office in Mülheim-Kärlich. In our international team you are working with people of different professions. Such as your superior - the Vice President, Head of Digital TOMRA Sorting, a Service Delivery Owner, a Technology Owner, a UI/UX Owner, a Software Developer Connectivity, a Frontend Developer, and a Backend Developer. You as the Data Scientist will complete the TOMRA Sorting Digital Core Team. Your team is located around the globe and in different time zones – from New Zealand, Belgium via Germany to California, USA.
- Guiding the data science team covering the operational data analytics based on domain knowhow, supporting troubleshooting and validating correlations, and supporting the R&D team with a focus on data science and development of algorithms
- Generating new valuable insights based on the collected data in motion and at rest, as well as unstructured external data sources across all TOMRA Sorting Business Streams
- Establishing and managing the “TOMRA Space Center”, monitoring and running all data analytics services of TOMRA Insight
- Becoming an active thought leader and internal advisor for data science in the respective industries in which TOMRA is active (Food, Recycling, Mining)
- Working closely with universities, manage co-operations, and ensure state-of-the-art knowledge in data science to be transferred to TOMRA Sorting
- Representing TOMRA Sorting at scientific events in the area of data science and analytics to support the thought leadership claim and attract new talents
- Master’s Degree or higher preferably in computer science, natural science, or engineering with a focus on data analytics & science – alternatively 5 years of work experience in a similar role
- English language (fluent), German language (nice to have, willing to learn)
- Experience with relevant software and distributed environments, e.g. R, Python, RapidMinder, Knime, Alteryx, Node-Red, Matlab, PowerBI, ANSYS, Stream Analytics, MS Azure, DataBricks, etc.
- Willing to travel ca. 25%
Do you want to find out more about TOMRA RECYCLING?
Have a look at our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLmM_eG1GTc
Do you want to peak behind office doors and meet our colleagues? Have a look at our Instagram Account "tomrarecyclingpeople": https://www.instagram.com/tomrarecyclingpeople/
Did we raise your interest?
If so, please submit here: https://short.sg/a/6082457 a motivation letter (indicating salary wish), a CV and certificates from education & trainings.