The Product Support Expert ensures that the Technical Support Engineers and Field Service Engineers have the necessary support in order to provide the best service to the customer, ensures that the information/documentation about their product is up to date and can be accessed by anyone.
He / she works closely with internal departments to improve worldwide support in our service department and beyond.
Role and Responsibilities:
Ensuring the maximum performance of the TOMRA Sorting systems in the field to satisfy the customers
• Technical product support for Field Service Engineers (phone, email, office).
• 3nd line support for clients in territory & beyond.
• Keep up to date on the latest products, sensors and sorting algorithms.
• Attend installations, services and optimizations to follow on developments.
• Execute trainings for field service engineers in interaction with the Training Team.
• Work with the R&D team to ensure to get all necessary documentation.
• Create spare parts recommendations and coordinate larger spare parts packages in corporation with the R&D project team.
• Develop solution for discontinued parts and upgrade packages.
• Cross link to other departments in terms of new product launches.
• Give feedback & be the bridge with other departments.
• Give ideas about improvement possibilities, this to increase quality, efficiency, profitability…
• Follow up critical installations and upgrades to result in a successful project.
• Be a part of the 24/7 Hotline team with dedicated support hours according to the company plan
University or College studies in preferably Electrical Engineering or Waste Management, minimum Technician or engineering 3rd Level qualification required
• Motivated individual who has a passion for Engineering
• Working knowledge of basic electrical power circuits and PLC circuits would be an advantage
• Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations is considered a must
• Experience in belt and optical detection systems is an advantage
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates and management
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information and issues in a user friendly manner
• Other language(s) is (are) considered a plus
• A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• You want to travel (30% of time, customer on site and for training purposes )
• Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills
• Ability to relate to customers, their views and issues, locally and in other countries and cultures
• 3-5 years “hands-on” experience in a B2B, Industrial Equipment support role
• Being self-motivated and having the proven capacity to fully complete tasks
• Advanced IT and network skills
• Must to be a team player
• Basic knowledge in material science beneficial (e.g. differences in types of polymers, metals or ores)
• Basic knowledge in waste processing beneficial (e.g. different type of machines in recycling plant, process understanding, …)
Are you interested? Send us a motivation letter (indicating your desired salary), CV and certificates to:
Human Resources: Jobs.DE@tomrasorting.com
Email subject: Product Expert
We are looking forward to hearing from you!