Circular Economy at TOMRA
Technology plays a crucial role in achieving this, with advances in certain fields helping to bring about new approaches that can help maximize the value of resources and – crucially – reduce waste.
TOMRA’s sensor-based solutions play a key role in optimizing resource productivity, particularly in the fields of waste management and recycling, where sensor-based technology can be used to increase precision and streamline processes.
To achieve the ambitious aim of a circular economy, it is necessary to employ state-of-the-art approaches that push boundaries, and TOMRA’s reverse vending and waste sorting solutions help to achieve this by recovering materials and providing valuable insight into the composition of these materials.
The result is a greater understanding of where efficiencies can be made to minimize costs and waste, and better utilize resources within a closed loop – further mitigating the impact of CO2 and other emissions and inefficiencies.
ABOUT CIRCULAR ECONOMY
"If society is going to meet its recycling ambitions, we need to catalyze the circular economy. At the heart of this is the need to view plastic differently, not as waste, but as a valuable resource that is worth collecting. We need to make sure plastic stays in a closed loop by better management throughout its life cycle." --Stefan Ranstrand, TOMRA President and CEO.
Role & Responsibilities
• Analysis and development of new markets within recycling business.
• Development of new application within recycling business.
• Internal and external consulting work.
• Developments within the recycling value chain of polymers
• Key Account for consisting customers.
• Segment champion for certain application.
• Technical support for other departments and other countries (e.g. Sales, Marketing).
• Conducting of internal trainings.
• Responsible for development of new markets, segments and projects.
• Responsible for development of new sorting solutions.
• Develop sorting concepts and solutions for customers and Tomra Sales department.
• Carrying out internal and external sorting tests.
• Carrying out waste analysis worldwide.
• Preparing presentations, studies, market analyses, etc.
• Minimum 3 years working experience preferable in waste management/recycling business.
• Technical university degree: preferable mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, process engineering, waste management.
• Technical understanding
• Open minded, good communication skills and high persuasiveness.
• High mobility, willingness to travel and open to other cultures.
• Conflict situation skills / solution finder
• Inter-divisional cooperation / team player
• Decision-making skills
• Intercultural competence
• Technical skills
• Fluent in English is a must
• Driver's license
• Willing to learn and hungry for knowledge.
Do you want to know more about TOMRA?
Have a look at our videos...
Do you want to know more about TOMRA and about a Circular Economy....
Well then, have a look at our channels:
Website of reSociety: https://www.resociety.net/
The business of a circular economy, SWR German television. Dr. Volker Rehrmann and Jürgen Priester in interview with the channel of SWR, explaining the circular economy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g1KNlXPbDo&t=515s
Are you interested?
Please send a
• motivation letter (indicating why you are a good match for this position) to the attention of Gesine Goldstein
• CV (in English)
• Certificates (university, trainings, references, etc.)
• Desired salary (gross annual salary in US Dollar)
• Notice period (in weeks or months)
Via this link: https://short.sg/j/9406115