TOMRA Recycling develops and manufactures sensor-based sorting technologies for the global recycling and waste management industry.
As the market leader and pioneer in the recycling and waste management industry, we have set ourselves the task of extracting high-purity recyclable fractions from waste streams in order to return them to the recycling cycle and make them recyclable. In this way, we protect our valuable, limited resources and contribute to preserving our planet for future generations. Our success is reflected in the more than 7,400 systems installed worldwide, as well as a market presence in more than 100 countries worldwide. Organizationally, TOMRA Recycling belongs to the listed Norwegian company TOMRA Systems ASA, which has a total of more than 4,500 employees and an annual turnover of approx. of one million euros.
We are seeking to recruit a UK based Field Service Engineer to join our existing team of specialists. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to join a team that supports itself, whilst having a high level of technical back up support from within Europe.
What you'll do
- Service, repair, modify, upgrade, commission, calibrate and test existing systems.
- Fault finding and maintenance on electronic, electrical, optical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of major installations from delivery to commissioning, including third party and customer interfaces.
- Compiling reports for Service Manager
- Based from home, working at customer sites throughout the UK & Ireland with the opportunity to occasionally work in Europe or worldwide
- Responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of a large scale project
- Recognised training and qualification in electrical/electronic or electro/ mechanics engineering
- You will be comfortable using digital keypads/laptop computers to modify unit settings, changing system parameters, and making modifications to files.
- You will demonstrate an enthusiasm in technical development. Our products combine many different technologies, and so an interest in technology/science/physics, and the ability to learn and adapt is essential.
- Preferably (not essential) you should have experience in a Field Service role or customer facing position. Building and maintaining excellent customer relationships is an essential part of this role, and proven experience of dealing directly with demanding customers under pressure, and building a great relationship would be advantageous
- You must be capable of working alone or as part of a team.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence and have the legal right to work within the UK.
Are you interested?
If you think – Yes, that’s it – then apply! Send us your complete application (Cover letter, CV and certificates from education and trainings).
Send your application to Ms. Gesine Goldstein.