Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
This is a key-role in the development of the rapidly evolving flakes segment. The position requires a good mix of technical and relational skills as it involves constant interaction with several internal teams (TestCenter, Sales Team, Product Management) as well as direct contact with customers, in order to support the Sales Force by providing key information in a timely and accurate manner and expand the reach of our flake sorting technology by helping to develop and test new applications and technical improvements.
- This position can be located in one of our offices in Italy, Spain, France or in Germany. Depending on the country of origin of the jobholder –
Role & Responsibilities
• Support the Area Sales Managers and Sales Engineers by joining customer visits and aiding the technical discussion. Provide technical details, application information and guidance useful to facilitate a successful sales as requested by the sales colleagues via email, phone, presentations etc.
• Closely follow application trials at our TestCenter locations (EMEA) to ensure the best possible results are achieved.
• Carry out application development trials in close cooperation with the TestCenter organization.
• Provide guidance and use your expertise to support and improve the knowledge and abilities of test-center engineers, as well as to propose and test new ideas and technical improvements.
• Provide local support (different locations, e.g. fly to the customer in France) to optimize the sorting performance of key customers and demo units.
• 3-4 years of experience as "Application- or Test-Center Engineer" in sensor-based chute or free-fall sorting machines, either food or recycling sector, with excellent technical and practical knowledge of chute/flake sorters is absolutely neccessary
• Good communication skills, both written (presentations, emails) and oral. Able to express him/herself clearly and interact positively with customers and the Sales Team.
• Fluent in English plus one of these following languages: German, French, Spanish or Italian
• Willing to travel both locally and internationally 70% of the time
• Previous experience of traveling abroad for work
• Good self-organizational skills and ability to work and perform in stressful situations
• Reasonably proficient in using the Office suite, especially Powerpoint and Excel.
• Technical high-school diploma
• BA degree in a branch of engineering
Working at TOMRA means...
At TOMRA, we look for leaders by example – not bosses.
We talk TO one another and not ABOUT one another – or top-down.
As an employer, we stand for transparency, team spirit, laughter, innovation and passion for what we do!
We don’t like playing games or politics in the office.
Instead, we offer you a “purpose”.
We see ourselves as game changers, idea creators, influencers,….
We are a family of colleagues, work together – and not against one another – and prefer to see the glass half full and not half empty.
Are you interested in working for TOMRA?
Then send us your application via this link: https://short.sg/j/7041735