TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a world leader in optical and electronic sorting equipment. TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a dynamic company with an outstanding product line and an excellent level of customer satisfaction.
Why is it worthwhile to start and stay at TOMRA? Quite simply, we are a steadily growing international company that has retained its family atmosphere. Our corporate culture is Norwegian, which means there is no hierarchical thinking. If you are interested in titles and hierarchy you are at the wrong place here. We see a bright future in economic terms. Aside from that, it´s nice to know that our recycling machines are helping to make the world cleaner.
The Backend Data Developer aids in technology selection and designs and implements the infrastructure and algorithms for the real-time data processing pipeline, time series query and raw data storage.
In this position you assist internal data analysts and scientists with access and processing of the stored data.
Apart from this, you provide 3rd level support and acts as an interface to suppliers, reporting bugs and improving the overall performance of the infrastructure.
You are responsible to develop, implement, document, maintain, and support the
o cloud and IoT infrastructure
o data and database structures
to support the growth of digital solutions like TOMRA Insight under the responsibility of TS Digital.
You are linked, collaborate, and coordinate activities with the business divisions, including, but not limited to Engineering, and R&D, but also works closely with the Lead Cloud Architect and the respective teams in TS Digital.
• Keep up to date with and evaluate new technologies for large scale real-time data processing and storage.
• Assist in designing data payloads supplied from the machine teams to ensure they can be easily processed in the cloud on a large scale.
• Implement processing algorithms developed by the data analytics and R&D teams
• Implement requirements supporting the overall development of cloud based digital solutions for TS Digital.
• Support Product Owner by providing assessments on implementation complexity and cost for specific requirements.
• Provide pro-active feedback on possible improvements to the platform and infrastructure regarding performance and scalability.
• Ensure and maintain the cyber security of the infrastructure.
• Support field installations in case the 2nd level support via the Digital Operations Team is struggling to resolve the issues.
• Create and maintain the documentation related to designs and implementations.
• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Automation Technology, or similar – alternatively 5+ years of work experience in a similar role
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Flexibility to work outside standard office hours due to team members located in New Zealand, Europe, US, and China.
• Have fun digging into complex problems and setups and try to untangle them.
• Love to code – C# would be good, more programming languages is a benefit.
• Have experience with large scale data streaming and storage technologies such as Azure Stream Analytics, Azure EventHubs, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Data Lakes, etc.
• Have experience with continuous delivery and integration, microservices, automated unit testing, database technologies, …
• Have experience with cloud backends – MS Azure framework preferred.
• Understand the concepts of IoT, edge, and cloud architectures.
• Have experience with version control systems, ideally Git.
Want to know more about TOMRA?
Have a look at our website: www.tomra.com
or our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfrS9vjNhoE
TOMRA Insight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzKS4xZiv5U
TOMRA one Planet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLmM_eG1GTc
TOMRA Sorting Recycling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgOuMoMX90
Send your application to the attention of Peter Parcker.
• CV in English
• Certificates (degree, trainings, seminars, refernces, etc)
Submit your application here: https://short.sg/a/10317265