Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
As the Backend IoT Developer you design, implement, and align development of the IoT connectivity infrastructure across the different TOMRA Sorting divisions.
Aside from this, you provide 3rd level support and acts as an interface to suppliers, reporting bugs and improving the overall performance of the infrastructure.
• You are also responsible to develop, implement, document, maintain, and support the
o cloud and IoT infrastructure
o data and database structures
to support the growth of digital solutions like TOMRA Insight under the responsibility of TS Digital.
Moreover, you are linked to, collaborate, and coordinate activities with the business divisions, including, but not limited to Engineering, and R&D, but also work closely with the Lead Cloud Architect and the respective teams in TS Digital.
• Keep up to date with the rapidly evolving IoT technology landscape.
• Evaluate and spec out the use of new hardware, features and technologies that enhance the security, maintainability, serviceability, and performance of the IoT solution.
• Coordinate and assist with implementation of new IoT features across the different TOMRA Sorting divisions.
• Implement requirements supporting the overall development of cloud based digital solutions for TS Digital across the entire backend platform.
• Support Product Owner by providing assessments on implementation complexity and cost for specific requirements.
• Provide pro-active feedback on possible improvements to the platform and infrastructure regarding performance and scalability.
• Ensure and maintain the cyber security of the infrastructure.
• Support field installations in case the 2nd level support via the Digital Operations Team is struggling to resolve the issues.
• Create and maintain the documentation related to designs and implementations.
• Perform code and specification reviews related to all aspects of the platform.
Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Automation Technology, or similar – alternatively 5+ years of work experience in a similar role.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Flexibility to work outside standard office hours due to team members located in New Zealand, Europe, US, and China.
• Willingness to travel internationally (<10%).
• Love to code – C# would be good; more programming languages is a benefit.
• Have experience with IoT setups, edge computing and data processing.
• Have hands-on experience with Linux setups and shell scripting.
• Have experience with continuous delivery and integration, microservices, automated unit and integration testing, database technologies, …
• Have experience with cloud backends – MS Azure framework preferred.
• Have experience with version control systems, ideally Git.
• Have a good understanding of network technologies, configurations, and communication protocols – VPN, TCP/IP, OPC DA & UA, Modbus, MQTT, AMQP, …
• Have a structured approach and are willing to take pragmatic decisions.
Are you interested?
Please send us ...
• a motivation letter, indicating why you are a good match for this position (in English)
• CV (in English)
• Certificates (degree, university, trainings, testimonials, referrals, etc)
Apply here: https://short.sg/a/10318365
Contact: Rosa Steffes
Do you want more information?
TOMRA Recycling on Instagram "tomrarecyclingpeople".