TOMRA North America, Inc. provides reverse vending machines (RVM) for handling the return of beverage containers. The company’s services include machine removal, maintenance and periodic cleaning of machines, on-site service, and installation, as well as online services, such as machine software updates, machine data management, reporting, machine maintenance, and preventive diagnostics. Its material handling service include pick-up of beverage containers collected through RVMs and manual systems, and transportation of these containers to material processing facilities.
The SQL Server BI Developer will work on creating SQL queries, BIDS packages, and reports for the business. The developer will work collaboratively with end users, application developers, the database team and in coordination with and supporting all managers and users requiring any data and decision support. In addition, the developer also will create, enhance, or leverage reporting solutions to solve organizational problems through ETL, reports, analysis, or data visualization. The successful applicant will also assist the DB team in creating data warehouses and any auxiliary needs related to these.
5+ years of very strong SQL Server development experience on (2008/2012) leveraging SSMS, SSIS, and SSRS
- 1+ years of working with Oracle 9i or above, creating packages, queries, other objects
- Performance tuning experience with Profiler, Perf Mon, and other tools
- Experience with Windows Server 2000+ and virtual environments
- Microsoft Office 2003+ for word processing and database/spreadsheets
- Experience with Analysis Services and Data Warehouses
- Panorama NovaView/Necto, Tableau, Excel PowerPivot/Pivot Tables, or equivalent BI front-end experience.
Demonstrated experience with design and development of MS SQL BI toolkit (BIDS)
- Demonstrated attention to detail on ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of the data
- Design, develop, and deploy reports in T-SQL; front-end analysis in Excel or equivalents for BI or reporting is a must; MDX experience is a plus
- Technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for databases and database servers
- Assist in implementing effective BA practices that drive decision support, efficiency, and performance with lead developer(s)
- Performs independent audits and reviews and validates database integrity and performance
- Strong communication skills when interacting non-technical business users while gathering requirements
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with regards to MS SQL Server
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office toolset efficiently mainly in regards to word processing, presentation, and database/spreadsheet(s)
- Self-motivated; must be able to work in a project-based environment with low oversight with critical thinking skills in regards to innovation or enhancements
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including but not limited to, business, database, application, and infrastructure units.
Experience with Oracle 11g and appropriate tool (ie: SQL Developer/TOAD/etc)
- C# / Java entry-level experience
Please forward your resume to TOMRA HR or via fax at 203-929-9269 (Attn: Recruiting).