Our parent company TOMRA is the inventor and the world’s leading manufacturer of reverse vending machines (RVMs) with over 75,000 installations worldwide. We are involved in container deposit schemes in Europe, North America and Australia, collecting and recycling more than 35 billion containers a year. Our cloud-connected and digitally-enabled RVMs allow consumers to collect refunds on their bottles and containers via electronic payments, discounts and vouchers - or to donate to charities of their choice. Read more at www.tomra.com.
Here in NSW, TOMRA and its joint venture partner Cleanaway have won the exclusive right to operate the NSW Container Deposit Scheme ‘Return and Earn’ that began operating on 1 December, 2017. As part of the scheme, TOMRA Collection Pty Ltd will roll out a network of reverse vending machine ‘kiosk’ installations. While there will be other components of the scheme, TOMRA’s RVM kiosks will be located mainly in shopping centre carparks.
About the Position
The objective of the position is to maintain TOMRA's reverse vending machine installations within a specified geographic area to ensure maximum uptime and customer satisfaction. The successful incumbent would be a part of the RVM Quick Response Team. As a member of the RVM response team, you will be the link between Cleaners and Technicians and will carry extensive knowledge across both. You will be required to interface with our partners (shopping centres who host the installations), and also to travel extensively within Sydney and occasionally to regional NSW.
Whilst you will visit the TOMRA Sydney office and warehouse occasionally for administration and to collect spare equipment, you will mainly work on the road. We are looking for a number of people spread around the wider Sydney basin (Newcastle - Penrith - Wollongong) as well as Northern and Southern NSW. TOMRA will provide a fully maintained vehicle (van), required tools and equipment, training and manuals.
The main duties of the position include:
- Preventative Maintenance: Maintaining installed equipment including scheduled maintenance visits
- Reporting on service assignments and faults (online and/or paper)
- Driving for long periods as required for the above, attending to some occasional call-outs outside your area, attending to call-outs outside business hours as and when required
- Providing excellent customer service to our partners (including shopping centre staff) and occasionally to members of the public if required
Other duties include:
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, maintenance documentation and other assigned equipment
- Perform basic cleaning of kiosks, such as wiping down screens, and ensuring that debris is not preventing smooth operation
- Ensure that your equipment, spares and van kit is always complete according to inventory list
- Analyse areas of potential improvement of products and report to local service team
- Stay informed and up to date with TOMRA’s RVMs and products
- Undertake cleaning of equipment and installations
About the Person
First and foremost, we are looking for people who can represent TOMRA and take pride in what they do. That means making sure our equipment is always working well and is available to our customers. It also means building a strong customer service relationship with our partners who are hosting the equipment. It means you must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
We are also looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Passion for TOMRA’s values to ensure we are the best we can be
- Experience in a similar maintenance position
- Previous experience interacting face to face with customers
- Customer Service: Must be personable, have very good customer service skills, be able to maintain relationships with staff of TOMRA’s customers and partners, and be able to communicate effectively in English
- An unrestricted drivers licence, capability and willingness to drive for extended periods, and ability to effectively navigate to and from RVM locations
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects, work in confined spaces, and bend, kneel and stand without restriction
- Strong awareness of safety procedures and practices in previous positions; previous training in workplace safety practices well regarded
- Past history demonstrating professionalism, the ability to work independently, reliability, and a sense of pride in what they do
- Relevant qualifications or certification in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering would be well regarded
What’s on Offer?
You’ll be well paid and supplied with a fully maintained van, mobile phone, equipment and tools. You’ll receive comprehensive training in TOMRA’s RVM technology. You’ll work for a business that was voted ‘European Company of the Year’ in 2015 for its innovation, business ethics and its culture. You’ll be part of a team establishing and operating a project that will make a significant difference to the environment in NSW, both through recycling and the reduction of litter.
If you feel you have what it takes to thrive in this position, please send your application to AUS.HR@tomra.com.