We are looking for a talented leader with great energy, leadership, and initiative to drive team performance and sales for the EMEA region. The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will formulate and execute a strategy to maximise business growth and report to the VP, Head of Global Sales.
With an exemplary track record in sales leadership the RSD will drive business growth by increasing sales in the current customer base and developing new customers across all our market segments (Fruits, Vegetables, Potatoes, Nuts, etc.).
This role works in partnership with Product Management, Services, Business Development, Marketing, Human Resources, Engineering and Operations. Therefore, cross-company engagement with key internal stakeholders and orchestration is essential.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Regional and Area Sales Managers, Project Managers, Sales Application Engineers as well Sales and Marketing Assistants. The candidate will be a high impact individual capable of driving outstanding business results and first-class employee development.
The RSD is fully responsible for developing and managing the team to generate revenue and achieve individual team and organizational quotas. Contributing to the sales strategy, the RSD defines and implements the plan for the assigned territory to achieve or exceed the set sales objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and guidance to direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings or engaging other corporate resources as required
- Development of the team, including recruiting, hiring, and training new sales managers on the sales process
- Conducting weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecast meetings
- Coaching sales managers on strategies to drive sales wins
- Mentor and support direct reports through development plans and coaching to ensure best practice and standard approach to sales management globally is followed
- Accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting to senior sales management
- Consistent monitoring of the sales activity of the team and tracking of results
- Effective use of the company’s CRM system to manage the sales pipeline and provide accurate order intake forecasts
- Track key sales metrics and alert internal stakeholders of any performance or cost to serve requirements, ensuring action plans are initiated and acted on to resolution
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Actively leading and monitoring demand generation activities
- Leading initiatives to drive customer awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute successful sales campaigns with the help of Marketing
- Engaging at the C-level in customer organizations
- A proven, successful background in sales leadership-/ management in the FOOD INDUSTRY is essential (B2B capital equipment sales)
- Knowledge and understanding of a general food processing line (from raw receiving to packaging) is expected
- 15+ years of B2B sales experience; preferably in the industry automation, machinery, or engineering sectors
- Minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering, Management, or industry related subject
- An MA, MBA or equivalent executive education degree is preferable
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- Proven record of sales success in the industry domain
- Solid understanding of consultative & business value selling
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally and in written form, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time whilst paying strict attention to detail
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled in negotiation delivered with in a confident & persuasive manner with excellent listening skills
- Experience in creating strategic customer account plans that meet company standards
- Demonstrate ability to maintain high customer satisfaction (NPS) ratings that meet company needs
- Tight organizational and time management skills
- Fluent EnglishAbility to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Great business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- High level of initiative, ability to lead and work well in a team environment, plans, and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- A self-starter that can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
- Position is based in Leuven, Belgium
TOMRA offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization.
We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally, stimulating personal growth and self-development. We offer a market competitive salary package.
How to apply?
Please send your CV to [email protected] indicating 'Regional Sales Director EMEA' in the subject line.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CV's. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members.
TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.