Automation Engineer Peeling
TOMRA Food is a leading provider of sensor-based sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industries. Developing state-of-the-art technologies, optimizing customers' production flow, and helping to deliver consistent high-quality output have been our strengths for more than 40 years in the food industry. The key focus and vision of the Peeling division within TOMRA Food is to maintain our position as the industry leader in steam peeling through constant development and improvement of our equipment. The Peeling team is a multidisciplinary group of highly skilled engineers. As part of this team, you will be involved in machine design from the concept stage to installation, factory design integration projects and process testing at customer sites. You will also be involved in process trials and testing and optimisation in the peeling lab located in the Dublin office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Part of a team responsible for the design, development, modification, specification, and evaluation of electical and automation equipment for new or existing products.
- The completion of engineering documentation to release new designs or design modifications.
- The development of project specific electrical schematics.
- The development of project specifc PLC, HMI and SCADA controls.
- Implementation of ongoing engineering change orders, ensuring engineering changes are processed and documented.
- Building of prototype units, prepare proof-of-concept rigs and engage in other hands-on activities.
- Visiting customer sites to evaluate product performance and assess site-specific issues.
- Support of Sales, Service and Production departments as required.
Skills and abilities:
- Proficient in PLC programming. An excellent knowledge of the following tools is essential:
- Rockwell’s RSStudio, FTME and FTSE
- Siemens’ Simatic Manager, WinCC and TIA Portal
- Mitsubishi’s GX Works
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of motor control especially that using Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Skilled in electrical cabinet design and specification together with proficiency in EPlan.
- CMSE or equivalent certification would be a bonus for the role.
- 3+ years industry experience in a design related role. Experience in the food industry, or similar, is beneficial but not essential.
- A keen eye and appreciation for detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also remotely with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven problem solving ability.
- Bachelor or Masters in Electrical or Automation Engineering
Interested? Please send your application to: Suman Gill at [email protected]
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CVS. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members. TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.