Senior Mechanical Mechatronics Engineer
TOMRA Food is a leading provider of sensor-based sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industries. Developing state-of-the-art technologies, optimizing customers' production flow, and helping to deliver consistenthigh-qualityoutput have been our strengths for more than 40 years in the food industry. Our team in Dublin comprises over 40 Engineers and Scientists working on next generation optical sorting equipment. Our aim is to achieve excellence in technological innovation. As a result of our continued expansion, we now wish to recruit an additional Mechanical/Mechatronics Design Engineer to our team. This is a key role within the Group reporting to the Mechanical Design Manager, and as such, it will have the following key responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Part of a team responsible for the design, development, modification, specification and evaluation of electro-mechanical parts or assemblies for new or existing products
- Work close with the systems team to develop new electro-mechancial designs
- Conduct research, document findins and present reports at meetings
- Conduct research, document findings and present reports at meetings
- Develop design documents for mechanical parts and final products
- Indentify areas of weakness in the designs and make recommendations for improvement
- The development of 3D Model concept units in Solidworks
- Advanced knowledge of lifecycle design
- The production and release of ancillary manufacturing and service documentation and manuals
- Implement ongoing engineering change orders, ensuring engineering changes are processed and documented
- To build prototype units, prepare proof-of-concept rigs and engage in other hands-on activities
- To visit customer sites to evaluate product performance and assess site-specific issues
- To participate in regulare innovation workshops and other idea generation programs
Skills and abilities
- Professionally qualified to bachelor's degree in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or a closely related discipline
- 5 or more years industry experience
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD modelling of parts and assemblies, ideally in Advanced Solidworks
- Must have experience of design from product conception to production delivery
- Experience of engineering documentation control and configuration/change management
- Must have a passion for design and innovation
- An innovative, creative person with ambition, energy and drive
This role would suit an individual who wants to work with a highly diverse group of professionals and has a great interest in developing within a world-class company. The role will providethe successful individual with an opportunity to travel and work in Europe and the US and a chance to work across the group’s research and development departments.
- Bachelor, Master ’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Send your application to the HR Department via [email protected], please note Senior Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineer in the subject line.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CVS. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members. TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.