Senior Software Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ownership and drive of quality solutions
- You will own the cloud back-end of our solutions from defining the architecture and implementation of the products/technology we produce. This will involve interaction with multiple internal & external teams/stakeholders. You must be the central figure in these interactions keeping the ultimate delivery of our solution to the fore.
- Given that multiple teams are involved in delivering Machine Intelligence solutions, the Senior Software Engineer needs to articulate and coordinate succinctly to ensure timely and fit for purpose delivery. Open and collaborative communication style is required to enable shared understanding within the team. The shared understanding is a key factor in the team's success.
- Our Senior Engineers need to "blaze a trail" for the team, from a technology perspective, and to elevate and bring the team along with them on that journey. There is no place for silos in our teams.
Ability to learn/adapt
- TOMRA Engineers are not afraid to depart from the technologies/approaches they hold dear. They can adapt to new/changing requirements and shifting trends in technology to stay on top of their game and deliver our solutions.
Skills and abilities:
- Proven record of accomplishment as a software engineer with experience developing C#/C++ applications in a cloud environment (preferably Microsoft Azure IoT)
- Proven track record as a software engineer developing high quality C# applications (strong C++ developers with working C# knowledge may also be considered).
- Experience developing IoT/cloud-based applications is a plus.
- Passionate about developing high quality, testable code that you take pride in.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills required. Understand the concepts of IoT, edge, and cloud architectures.
- Experience with database manipulation and languages like SQL
- Scripting with Python, IoT platforms, Docker containers, WSL.
- Experienced with TDD/BDD processes and CI/CD, microservices, DevOps, Gitlab
- Passionate about learning new technologies, languages, tools & techniques.
- Experience optimising cloud-based applications for cost (nice-to-have)
- Willingness to travel when required (very limited)
- Data engineering experience a plus
- ASP.Net core (backend API) (nice to have)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organisation skills
- Open and constructive communication style
- Leadership skills, developing & coaching skills
- Fluent English
- Bachelor, Master or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply by mail: [email protected] attaching an up-to-date CV.
All inquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost discretion.
NOTE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes/CVS. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through LinkedIn (or any other online platform) or directly to HR, managers and staff members. TOMRA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.