Laser Systems Engineer (m/w/d)
Today, we are not utilizing resources in a sustainable way. In fact, the world is only 9% circular, meaning much of the Earth’s precious resources are only used once, leaving huge untapped potential for more sustainable resource management. TOMRA provides cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity within the recycling, mining, and food industries and is therefore uniquely positioned to shape the Circular Economy, creating demand for this way of thinking in the world. At TOMRA, we want to be a thought leader, encouraging a more sustainable way of thinking and inspiring active change around the world.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary group of 8 motivated and skilled developers, who cover a diversity of backgrounds and topics like optics, analog electronics, embedded systems, software engineering, mechanical engineering, 3D printing, and image processing.
Our team has a friendly, humorous, and inspiring way of interacting, collaborates closely, and is passionate about technology and innovation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of Tomra LIBS – metal sorting through Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy
- Main focus will be testing, evaluation, analysis, and industrialization of the pulse laser and spectroscopy system
- Side aspect will be optical components for other spectroscopic sensor systems
- Continuous improvement of optical sensor systems
- Definition, planning, and implementation of test tools and test setups
- Specification of optical components
- Technical support of production, strategic purchasing, and quality assurance departments
- Background in laser physics, ideally knowledge, and experience in pulse lasers
- Wide-spread technical interest: Willing to extend your knowledge in optics, electronics, optical materials’ classification, and software engineering
- Experience with optical detectors, optical spectrometers, or analog electronics is a plus
- Programming skills in C++ or Python are a plus
- Knowledge of optical design tools (e.g., Zemax) is a plus
- Analytic and systematic approach, determination, and enthusiasm for innovative solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Please send us…
- A motivation letter, indicating why you are interested in this position (in English)
- Your resume (in English)
- Certificates (from university, training, testimonials, referrals, etc.)
via Softgarden: https://short.sg/a/11767857
Contact: Mrs. Sabine Petolowski
Do you want more information?