Computer Vision Engineer
Our department consists of more than 20 developers organized into four cross-functional Agile teams made up of developers, tech leads, testers, product owners, and an architect. Each team owns a functional part of the RVM with a responsibility to ensure quality and a sustainable codebase over time. As our Computer Vision Engineer, you will join the recognition team, made up of 7 individuals responsible for recognition- and fraud-prevention software. We work closely across domains and disciplines solving complex problems in a dynamic and high-paced environment. We are well underway on our Agile journey, though we recognize there is still a way to go reaching our full Agile and Lean potential.
You will join a department made up of highly skilled developers. We believe it is important that you are curious by nature, challenge the status quo, and continuously strive to do better. You are passionate about technology, computer vision, and best practices within software development. At your core is an Agile and DevOps mindset.
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded software for TOMRA’s wide range of RVMs
- Develop software in a multi-disciplinary environment, collaborating with disciplines such as electronics, optics, and mechanics, either within projects or as part of ongoing product development
- Stay up to date on technology trends, contributing to future-oriented solutions and technologies
- Support and enable Agile practices within software development
- Be an advocate for the quality and sustainability of our systems
- Contribute to a thriving and innovative team environment
- MSc, BSc or similar in software-related studies. Relevant work experience may compensate for a lack of formal education
- Some years of experience with software development
- Experience with classical computer vision and image processing
- Experience with AI and deep learning
- Experience with Agile software development
- It would be beneficial to have experience with one or more of the following:
- Embedded systems
- Automated testing
- A self-driven team player with a passion for technology
- Solution-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Creative, analytical and responsible, taking pride in delivering excellent results
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent oral and written English and Norwegian
We are interested in both junior and senior profiles and especially encourage women to apply. Do you have the drive to innovate and create solutions for a more sustainable future? Join the Resource Revolution with TOMRA.
Like many innovative ventures, TOMRA Collection was founded in a garage. This garage wasn’t in Palo Alto, though, it was in Vollen, Norway. 50 years later, TOMRA Collection is a world-leading technology company working to expand the circular economy. As the largest provider of reverse vending machines (“panteautomater”) on the planet, we strive to reduce society's reliance on raw materials by enabling drink bottles, cans, and other packaging to be continually recycled in a closed loop. Every year, TOMRA Collection captures more than 40 billion drink containers across 60 global markets, ensuring that they don't end up in our streets, oceans, or landfills. That might sound like a lot, but it’s actually less than 3% of what’s sold annually! Naturally, we’ve got our sights set on the remaining 97% and we need your help to get there. How’s that for a growth mindset?
Our success is measured by our impact. If that’s a statement that resonates with you, then you’ve come to the right place.
- Professional challenges within a growing, market-leading technology company
- Great Place to Work: TOMRA was named the fifth best place to work in Norway in 2018. This is the third consecutive time TOMRA has ranked in the top 10 for Great Place to Work
- Excellent facilities with modern gym, free parking and electric car charging, and our own healthy and varied cafeteria
- Convenient location in Asker – close to Oslo, Drammen and Sandvika
- Opportunities for professional development and competence building through participation in relevant training courses and seminars
TOMRA Collection’s solutions make it easy for consumers, retailers, and the beverage industry to play their part in solving one of the most pressing problems of our time. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and join our growing community of thinkers and doers in tackling this challenge, we look forward to hearing from you.
TOMRA Collection is part of the TOMRA Group, which creates sensor-based solutions for resource productivity in food, recycling, and mining, employing approximately 4300 people globally. The TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions for optimal resource productivity and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: TOM). Join the Resource Revolution!
Send your cover letter and cv to TOMRA HR, with the title: Computer Vision Engineer. Deadline: 20/12