TOMRA AT A GLANCE:
- TOMRA was founded in 1972, on an innovation that began with design, manufacturing and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers.
- Today, the TOMRA Group is organized in two main business areas: Collection Solutions (reverse vending, and material recovery) and Sorting Solutions (food, recycling, and mining).
- TOMRA has installations in over 80 markets worldwide.
- Total revenues were ~6.6 billion NOK in 2016.
- Approximately 2,770 employees work at TOMRA.
- TOMRA is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- 47% of total TOMRA sales in 2016
- 1,310 employees
- Customers: Grocery retailers
- Market share: 75%
- 15% share of total TOMRA sales in 2016
- 500 employees
- Customers: Grocery retailers and beverage manufacturers
- Market share: 60% in USA (markets served)
- 24% of total TOMRA sales in 2016
- 580 employees
- Customers: Food growers, packers and processors
- Market share: 25%
- 11% share of total TOMRA sales in 2016
- 175 employees
- Customers: Material recovery facilities, scrap dealers, metal shredder operators
- Market share: 55%-65%
- 3% share of total TOMRA sales in 2016
- 60 employees
- Customers: Mining companies
- Market share: 40%-60%