- Online demo from Leuven HQ
- Interactive demo on demand
- Unwashed potatoes
Boasting the highest capacity on the market, the TOMRA 3A is the most reliable and cost-effective optical sorter available for growers.
Built to last, it is a durable, powerful, and highly efficient labor-saving solution specifically developed to provide unrivaled foreign material removal and exceed harvest demands.
The machine is easy to use, simple to maintain, and its smooth install makes for an easy fit into the harvest cleaning and grading line, or out-of-storage sorting.
- Live demo with interactive testing of foreign material removal
- Real-time sorting data
- Washed or peeled whole potatoes
The TOMRA 5A sorting machine brings more than 98% removal rate of foreign objects, quality inspection and peel quality control to the table. Running the highest capacities in the industry, this process potato sorter significantly increases the level of food safety and yield.
MORE THAN 98 % REMOVAL RATE: FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY AS TOP PRIORITY
The TOMRA 5A infeed belt sorting machine efficiently discards a wide range of foreign materials, such as heavy and floating stones, corn cobs and roots, wood, glass, plastics, golf balls and metals as well as many others. This process minimizes the risk of food contamination further down the line and leads to improved product quality.
The sorter is equipped with the latest in product quality management controls, which results in a quick and easy output of a consistent customer specific product quality for further processing.
This is achieved through the intuitive and functional graphical user interface design, TOMRA ACT, which encompasses a one screen layout so users can see all critical sort information and real-time sorting data at a glance. Quick monitoring and fast adjustments are possible at all times, which means the customer is always in control of the quality of the sort.
- New smart ejection & health check
- Sorting as per customer's specs
- Cut potatoes or pommes parisienne
New Smart Ejection
It isn't easy for businesses producing French Fries to improve efficiency or profitability - but it can be done with the new Smart Ejection software on the TOMRA 5B.
The new Smart Ejection de-clustering algorithms improve efficiency on three fronts:
1. Good-in-bad performance (GiB) increases anything from 25% to 100% (depending on cut size, incoming defect levels, and capacity), achieving on average 1 good fry to 10 rejected ones during our field tests.
2. Accept-stream quality improves, making even more precise ejections depending on defect types and cluster size.
3. Yield increases from reduced false rejects.
These incremental gains accumulate in value every hour the line is running.
New Health Check
Let's talk dirty for a moment, and let's be honest: dust and debris accumulate on machine surfaces when running food processing lines. As a result, defect detection of the machine's sensors becomes hindered.
However, thanks to a software update, the TOMRA 5B optical sorter has an enhanced Health Check feature that offers an easier and more convenient solution to traditional preventative maintenance.
Advantages of Health Check
The TOMRA 5B checks its cleanliness automatically before sorting and informs operators which surfaces need cleaning.
Health Check can be administered remotely, allowing shift managers to conduct the assessment from anywhere.
The result reduces downtime and ensures optimal machine performance.
- Creating new possibilities with data
- Digital sorting dashboard
- Operational monitoring and reporting in one place