The steam accumulator is the most appropriate means of providing clean dry steam immediately, to meet the peak demand of a steam peeler.
Steam is stored so that it can be ‘released’ when required, reducing the peak demands from the steam generator, which provides:
- Improved efficiency of steam supply, steam stored and released when required
- Instant steam supply to steam peeler
- Improved peeling
- Increased fuel efficiency
- Reduced levels of maintenance
Heat Condenser/ Heat Recovery Unit
The Mk II heat recovery unit is capable of recovering valuable energy from exhaust steam. The unit uses a unique patented design of condenser that enables efficient heat transfer from the exhaust steam to an enclosed water recirculation system.
- Recovery of energy from steam peeler exhaust steam
- Remove exhaust steam from plant through total condensation
- Customised solutions for your needs
STEAM SUPPLY XP VALVE
The steam supply valve is a new steam valve that has been designed to address the issue of efficient steam supply to the steam peeler. Traditional steam valves restrict the flow of steam to the steam peeler and show significant wear after only a few weeks. The TOMRA XP steam inlet valve is a new valve that allows steam to enter the steam peeler faster and is proven to operate for more than 20,000 hrs in steam peeler applications.
STEAM EXHAUST XPT VALVE
The steam exhaust valve has been specifically designed to enhance the operation and maintenance of steam peeling valve technology. The XPT valve addresses the issue of maintenance and inspection of existing steam valves, while continuing to deliver 1 second steam exhaust, excellent reliability and increased life.
The main benefits of XPT exhaust valves and XP inlet valve technology are:
- 1 second exhaust technology
- Large opening on exhaust side
- Provides access for inspection
- Can be rotated 180 degrees