TOMRA at EuroShop spotlights new reverse vending products and the future of recycling
Latest reverse vending innovations for stores and industry insights at world’s largest retail trade fair, in Dusseldorf on 16-20 February
The future opportunities and impacts of recycling will be in the spotlight at EuroShop for global reverse vending leader TOMRA, which seeks to make drink container recycling work harder for retailers through new reverse vending technologies.
“Since the last EuroShop in 2017, awareness of plastic pollution has sky-rocketed and the world has truly woken up to the plastic waste crisis. In selling beverage containers and receiving them back for recycling, retailers play the most visible and vital role in the recycling process,” said Harald Henriksen, Head of TOMRA Collection Solutions.
“At EuroShop 2020, our focus is how we can put recycling to work for retailers, to maximize the positive impact for their customers, their business and the planet. We want to look not only at what recycling is today, but the opportunities for what it can be in future.”
TOMRA provides reverse vending solutions for Clean Loop Recycling of empty beverage containers, particularly in markets with container deposit legislation where retailers often receive bottles and cans back for recycling. Clean Loop Recycling means containers can be turned back into new bottles and cans, reducing reliance on raw materials and keeping containers out of our oceans, streets and landfills. Together with its retail customers, TOMRA collects 40 billion drink containers every year for reuse and recycling in over 60 markets.
Reverse vending innovations in equipment, software and services
TOMRA will showcase at EuroShop reverse vending innovations to attract more recycling consumers to stores, through a greater recycling experience.
The brand new TOMRA R1 makes its trade fair debut at EuroShop. This “multi-feed” reverse vending solution enables recyclers to pour over 100 empty beverage containers into the machine in one go, rather than insert each container one by one. It offers a more convenient and user-friendly recycling experience that’s up to five times faster than single-feed machines. Join a presentation on attracting customers with a great recycling experience and demonstration of TOMRA R1, at TOMRA’s booth on Sunday 16 February at 3pm.
- The brand new TOMRA R1 makes its trade fair debut at EuroShop. This “multi-feed” reverse vending solution enables recyclers to pour over 100 empty beverage containers into the machine in one go, rather than insert each container one by one. It offers a more convenient and user-friendly recycling experience that’s up to five times faster than single-feed machines. Join a presentation on attracting customers with a great recycling experience and demonstration of TOMRA R1, at TOMRA’s booth on Sunday 16 February at 3pm.
- Another concept on show is the new, small-footprint TOMRA M1 reverse vending machine (RVM), specifically designed for smaller stores. The solution is compact and affordable, and yet has capacity to handle three different types of container materials.
- The myTOMRA consumer engagement app is expanding its reach. Users can now scan with their mobile a QR code shown on the RVM screen, rather than stores installing a physical barcode reader. Part of the TOMRA portfolio of digital products, myTOMRA enables consumers to log into a personal recycling session, see their nearest RVMs on a map and track their recycling achievements.
- TOMRA will also showcase its newest developments in service, especially how TOMRA employs big data analytics to keep reverse vending systems working harder and longer for retailers. Proactive service and maximum uptime ensure retailers can focus on what’s most important for them: their customers.
TOMRA talks the future of recycling
TOMRA will reveal insights into the industry and future of recycling at its new TOMRA Talks series. In short presentations at TOMRA’s stand, TOMRA experts and its external community of thought leaders and partners will discuss innovations and learnings that make recycling a win for consumers, business and the environment. (Stay tuned to tomra.com/euroshop2020 for the full agenda.) Some of the speakers include:
- Stefan Ranstrand, President & CEO of TOMRA, on business working together to fight plastic littering
- Christin Håland, Project Manager at Red Cross, and Lisa Kristiina Mølmen, Chief Business Development Officer at The Recycling Lottery, on the Recycling Lottery and impact of retail on the bigger picture
- Clarissa Morawski, CEO of Reloop Platform, on what the Single-Use Plastics Directive means for retailers
- Emily Penn, Co-founder of eXXpedition, on the rise of ocean plastic pollution
- Manuel Tessloff, CEO of ReAct, on the Internet of Things and digital collaboration in the retail space
On the EuroShop Retail Technology Stage, stores can gain insight into using retail equipment data to increase customer satisfaction and revenue, in a presentation by Steve Mellbye-Stølen, Product Manager SaaS & Applications at TOMRA Collections Solutions. (Sunday 16 February, 12:40-1:00 pm.)
Meet TOMRA at EuroShop
See TOMRA technologies and solutions in action at EuroShop by visiting TOMRA Collection Solutions' booth in Hall 7A, stand number B07. To arrange a commercial or media meeting, submit the booking form at tomra.com/euroshop2020.
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions, need images or would like to arrange to speak to the TOMRA team.
About TOMRA Collection Solutions:
Founded in 1972, TOMRA provides reverse vending solutions for Clean Loop Recycling, collecting aluminium, plastic and glass beverage containers to be continually reused and recycled back into new bottles and cans. With over 82,000 installations across more than 60 markets, TOMRA’s reverse vending machines capture 40 billion used beverage containers every year toward a closed loop. This reduces reliance on raw materials, and ensures fewer containers end up in our streets, oceans and landfills. The TOMRA system of machines, digital solutions and service make it easy for the industry, system owners, retailers and consumers to contribute to a more sustainable planet. Visit our Reverse Vending pages on www.tomra.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
TOMRA Collection Solutions is part of the TOMRA Group, which creates sensor-based solutions for optimal resource productivity, and has a vision to lead the Resource Revolution. The Group employs approximately 4000 people globally and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: TOM).